The yoga pose is not the goal. Becoming flexible or standing on our hands is not the goal.
The goal is to create space where you were once stuck. To unveil layers of protection you’ve built around your heart. To appreciate your body and become aware of the mind and the noise it creates. To make peace with who you are. The goal is to love, well, you.
Shift your focus and your heart will grow.
Yoga has been around for about 5000 years, but for Westerners it’s a relatively new concept and mindset. Beyond just a highly-effective physical exercise, yoga is a process of exploration and discovery — for you, by you. If you allow it and if you’re dedicated to a yoga practice, it can become a way of life. The benefits of yoga create a shift in perspective that can be extremely powerful- it reminds you that you are enough. You have enough. There is nothing outside of you that will make you happier. When you look inward, you realize everything you need is already within you.
If there’s a little voice inside suggesting you give yoga a try, listen to it.
Finding yoga was the best thing that ever happened to me. A regular yoga practice brought me to life, and showed me my light and purpose. It shook my soul and I can only hope to share this experience and feeling with others.
- Improved body flexibility, alignment and balance
- Enhanced overall muscular strength and tone
- Improved cardiovascular endurance (stronger heart)
- Improved stamina and strength
- Lubrication of the joints, ligaments and tendons
- Improved bone density
- Improved digestion
- Improved abdominal strength and core awareness
- Weight control
- Enhanced immune system
- Detoxification, cleansing from the inside out
- Relief from chronic physical pain
- Deepening of the breath and increased energy levels
- For women: some of the asanas (poses) have a therapeutic effect for menstrual and menopausal symptoms
- Helps release constricted muscles for better flexibility
- Look younger due to better blood circulation
- Releases muscle tension
- Improves balance
- Improves back posture which helps reduce back pain
- Enhanced ability to relax and discover the power of patience
- Calmer mind
- Better concentration
- Improved sleeping patterns
- Stress relief, thanks to controlling emotions
- Prevention and relief from stress-related disorders
- Intellectual enhancement, leading to improved decision-making skills
- Improves focus
- Calms brain activity which helps improve sleep patterns
- Reduces severity of anxiety and depression
- Life with meaning, purpose and direction
- Inner peace, tranquility and contentment
- Become inspired to revitalize your life and live more joyfully
- Age gracefully
- Deepened self-awareness
- Deepened sense of gratitude
- Yoga brings a kind of stillness that brings out one’s inner beauty
- Encourages meditation and reflection
- Strengthens sense of awareness
- Builds an appreciation for the people and experiences around you
- Cultivates mindfulness by shifting your awareness to the sensations, thoughts, and emotions
Have any questions?
Feel free to contact me and/or check out the FAQs for answers.
Yoga for Beginners Resources:
- Five Pillars of Yoga and Wellness
- 6 Poses To Begin Your Yoga Practice
- 25 Inspiring Quotes About Yoga and Meditation
- How To Choose the Style Of Yoga That Is Right For You