Group yoga classes are not everyone’s cup of chai.
In fact, traditionally, yoga was always taught one-to-one so that the teacher could completely customize the practice to meet the student’s needs.
Private yoga classes offer beginners and advanced practitioners the opportunity to develop and deepen their personal yoga practice of asana, pranayama and meditation. All sequences will be designed and adapted to your individual needs and wishes.
Investing in a private yoga program is the most valuable gift you can give to yourself. By prioritizing your own physical, mental and spiritual well-being, you will notice other aspects of your life beginning to flourish.
PRIVATE YOGA IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF…
- You’re not able to make it to group classes at a studio.
- You’re not comfortable taking a class with 8, 10, 20 or more other students.
- You are just starting yoga and want to feel confident and comfortable in poses before starting group classes.
- You want to ask questions during class to deepen or refine your practice.
- You need to modify postures to make poses accessible your individual needs.
- You have a current injury or issue that needs extra care.
- You know that you need to take care of yourself but you need someone to come to you.
- You need some outside motivation and accountability to get you on the mat.
WHY PRIVATE YOGA?
Here are just some of the reasons to embark on a private yoga journey!
• Privacy: perhaps you’re completely new to yoga and feel a little self-conscious about joining a group class. Private lessons in your own home will help you to build confidence in your practice.
• Personal attention: with the full attention of your teacher you will enjoy more verbal or hands-on adjustments, allowing you to move deeper into postures where appropriate, with correct alignment. You will also have more time to explore the higher limbs of yoga.
• Convenience: balancing work with family duties is challenging and time is precious. Having your yoga teacher come to your home saves you travelling to a studio and allows you to choose the most convenient time of day to practise.
• Accountability: with one-to-one tuition, there’s no missing practice or skipping the challenging postures! Your private yoga teacher will keep you accountable and help you reach your goals.
- Work at your own pace
- Learn proper technique & alignment
- Deepen your practice
- Improve flexibility and/or strength
- Schedule classes at your own convenience
- Practice a specific asana (pose)
- Work with an injury or condition (i.e. arthritis, back pain, etc.)
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN A PRIVATE YOGA LESSON?
A typical 75-minute lesson might look something like this:
BODY: 45 mins working through the postures, modified to your level
BREATH: 15 mins exploring pranayama techniques
MIND: 15 mins Chakra meditation practice or a calming relaxation exercise
This can be adjusted to suit your personal interests and needs.
First, we will have a short phone call to discuss what you want to accomplish with your private yoga sessions and schedule our first meeting.
Then, I will come to your home for an introductory session where we will get to know each other a little better and work together to structure your program. The first session will include some movement, meditation and relaxation.
I will send you a PDF summary of your yoga program, which will include lessons with me at your home as well as your new self-practice routine.
From there we will see each other once or twice a week at your home for your private yoga lessons, whenever it suits you best.
Lets begin your yoga journey together.