Journaling prompts, topics and ideas to help express your thoughts, reach your goals, and to help create a deeper self awareness and a mindset of clarity.
Another month of journaling prompts to inspire a daily journaling habit.
Journaling is a catalog of our thoughts and feelings that can give us incredible insight into ourselves. When we process our experiences through writing, we’re better able to see our emotions, circumstances, and desires with complete coherence.
TIPS FOR CREATING A JOURNALING PRACTICE
- Incorporate journaling into your morning ritual
- You don’t have to use full sentences. Leo Babauta of Zen Habits, writes in bullets with 2-6 bullet points daily depending on the day.
- Combine work and personal journal topics
- Use the habit tracker as a daily reminder
- Don’t skip more than 2 days and try to go back to catch up
- Scroll to the bottom of this post for more journaling resources
I challenge you to journal regularly for 30 days, to begin making journaling a habit. That doesn’t mean you have to write every single day. Maybe begin with regularly journaling 3 to 4 times a week.
These prompts are written to give you a moment in time to reflect and take care of you.
Journaling Prompts and Inspiration for Self-Care
- Today my self care mantra is…
- How do I feel about the importance of practicing self-care?
- I practice self-care because I want to feel [FILL IN THE BLANK].
- What are the obstacles to practicing self-care daily? How can I overcome at least one of them?
- What does my morning look and feel like? Do I have a routine? Are mornings rushed?
- How will making myself a priority positively impact my life?
- If I loved myself unconditionally, how would I treat myself? How can I act on that feeling now?
- What does bedtime look and feel like? Is there anything I can change for a more restful night’s sleep?
- What are 3 things that I’m currently doing that no longer serve me? How can I stop doing these things?
- What acts of self-care truly make me happy?
- How can I add more love and joy to my day-to-day life?
- What can I do to add more ease and relaxation to my day?
- Make a list of 20 things that make me smile.
- I am the best version of myself when I [FILL IN THE BLANK].
- Today my self-care mantra is [FILL IN THE BLANK].
- When I think of self-care what lights me up? How can I add more of this into my self-care routine?
- When I’m really busy how can I find 10 minutes of time for myself? What can I do in that time?
- My life feels like magic when [FILL IN THE BLANK].
- Write myself a thank you note, thanking myself for everything I do for my own wellbeing.
- Does your self-care practice feel like a chore or an item on your to-do list? Explore the joy self-care brings me.
- Look back on a time when I didn’t practice self-care and reflect on how proud I am of all the positive changes I’ve made in my life.
- What would I say to someone that thinks self-care is selfish?
- What is my favorite self care quote?
- What personal needs am i sacrificing to meet the needs of others?
- Right now I am [FILL IN THE BLANK]. I want to be [FILL IN THE BLANK].
- Observe my day today and make note of my work/life balance. Is it balanced? What can I change to find a more balanced day?
- What’s on my to-do list today?
- What’s one positive change I can make in my daily life?
- What’s one feel good thing I can do today? Open a window and let the fresh air in? Make a delicious dessert? Go for a walk?
- Where is my happy space? What space brings me joy?
- When is the best time in my day to practice self-care?
LOOKING FOR MORE JOURNALING INSPIRATION AND HOW TO START CREATING A DAILY JOURNALING HABIT?
- How To Journal and the Inspiration To Start
- [January] Start Your Day with a Miracle Morning
- [February] Journaling Prompts for Joy and Self Discovery
- [March] Journaling Inspiration for Gratitude and Joy
- [April] Journaling Prompts for Self-Reflection
be the best version of YOU,