Blend up a thick and creamy smoothie for a healthy breakfast with whole foods and natural ingredients and experience the health and wellness benefits for the body.
One of my favorite recipes to create is smoothies. They’re satisfying, completely nourishing and full of fiber, which keeps our digestive system happy and efficient.
Since 2015 green smoothies have been a staple on our weekly menu. At least 5 days a week (sometimes twice a day) we start our day with a green smoothie. Switching up the recipe and adding nutritional supplements as needed makes this satisfying breakfast tailor made to individual preferences and dietary needs.
The latest addition to our smoothies is collagen. I’ve noticed a difference in my skin and even more so in my hair and nails. Collagen is now a permanent smoothie ingredient and that’s saying something from people who don’t eat meat, poultry or seafood.
We eat intuitively- based on how the body feels and performs.
The Healthy and Delicious Strawberry Banana Smoothie is nutrient dense, tastes good and is a great boost in the morning to start your day.
RELATED CONTENT: Super Boost Green Smoothies with Natural Ingredients
What’s in the recipe and how does it super boost the body with nutrients and energize your morning?
Benefits of Collagen (1)
- improves health of skin and hair
- reduces joint pain and degeneration
- helps heal leaky gut
- boosts metabolism, muscle mass and energy output
- strengthens nails, hair and teeth
- improves liver health
- improves cardiovascular health
- increases skin elasticity and moisture (2)
Benefits of Healthy Skoop Daily Greens (3)
- made with organic fruits, veggies, greens, and grasses
- provides clean, all-day energy through micronutrients and phytonutrients
- probiotics to aid in digestive health
- contains adaptogens which may help increase resistance to stress and boost energy, mental clarity and overall resiliency
RELATED CONTENT: The Health and Wellness Benefits of Adaptogens
Benefits of Protein (4)
- boosts muscle mass
- helps manage your weight by filling you up
- stabilizes blood sugar levels
- improves your mood
- promotes healthy brain functioning
- helps maintain strong bones
- protects heart health
Benefits of Spinach (5)
- defends against heart disease
- boosts immunity
- can protect against diabetes
- protects eye health
- helps maintain bone health
- preserves skin health
- helps with detoxification
- high source of magnesium
- defends against cognitive decline
Benefits of Flax (6)
- high in fiber but low in carbs
- high in Omega-3 fatty acids
- helps lower cholesterol
- high in antioxidants (Lignans)
- supports digestive health
- may help prevent cancer
- may help with weight loss
- helps decrease menopausal and hormonal imbalance symptoms
Benefits of Pineapple (7)
- potential anti-inflammatory and digestive benefits
- antioxidant protection and immune support
- manganese and thiamine for energy production and antioxidant defenses
- potential protection against muscular degeneration
Benefits of Bananas (8)
- may help prevent high blood pressure
- fiber helps regulate the speed of digestion
- supports overall digestive health
- source of potassium
- anti-inflammatory properties of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients
- cardiovascular benefits
- helps regulation of blood sugar
RELATED CONTENT: Healthy and Sweet Peach Pie Smoothie Bowl
See what I mean by a super boost of good things for your body!
The Healthy and Delicious Strawberry Banana Smoothie is nutrient dense, tastes good and is a great boost in the morning to start your day. Dairy Free, Gluten Free
- 3 handfuls fresh spinach leaves
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1 serving Great Lakes Gelatin
- 1 serving Healthy Skoop Daily Greens with Adaptogens
- 1 scoop Healthy Skoop Plant Powered Protein
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place the spinach and water into the blender and blend until the mixture is a juice consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the smoothie into 2 airtight containers and store in the refrigerator.
One of the amazing thing about smoothies is how easy they are to make and to adapt to your taste. Add the things you love and omit what you don’t like.
The smoothies are prepped in batches of 2 the night before giving the option of a smoothie for breakfast and lunch or dinner because sometimes a day is a 2-smoothie-kind-of-day.
A green smoothie is the last step of a daily ritual and routine. It’s the perfect ending to a miracle morning.
Looking for more healthy smoothie recipes? We’ve got you covered.
Download 12 Easy Superfood Smoothies for a healthy start to your day.
And, try the Flavors of Spring Green Smoothie too. You’re going to love it especially if you’re new to blending greens in your smoothies.
If you’re ready to super boost your morning with nutrients, you can save 20% at Great Lakes Gelatin with the code GLGLife20, valid until 3/15/18.
This post is sponsored by Great Lakes Gelatin in partnership with Fit Approach and the #SweatPink community. All opinions are my own. I appreciate your support of the brands we partner with to bring you the latest and greatest in products and/or services to support your wellness journey. Thank you!
This information is not intended as a substitute for the medical advice and supervision of your personal physician. Please consult with a doctor with any medical issues, making diet changes or before beginning a training program.
be the best version of YOU