Tools, tips and information to create a miracle morning.
It may sound clichéd, but writing consistently in a journal can help you re-discover a purpose and significance for your life.
Journaling is one of the greatest tool in finding your purpose, healing yourself, and creating the life you most desire. It is a way of coaching yourself through your “stuff” and letting it out on the page, unclogging your mind from years of destructive thoughts. In doing so, begin to see life with unsurpassed clarity.
Benefits of Journaling
Journaling changes your life for the better:
- Journaling gives you private, non-judgmental space to process your thoughts and emotions.
- Journaling increases self awareness
- Journaling pushes you to actively inspect your life
- Journaling strengthsn your sense of self
- Writing about your feelings can improve your interactions and relationships with others
- Journaling is a powerful tool to help you reach your goals
- Journaling improves your memory
- Journaling helps heal the past
Types of Journals
Mindbody Network compiled a comprehensive list of types of journals and their uses. The possibilities are endless:
- Good thoughts
- Personal Development
And, the list goes on and on.
There are infinite aspects of your life that you can write about, and countless types of journals. Gratitude journals, workout journals, dream journals, etc. You can write about your family, goals, dreams, plans, lessons learned, experiences and anything else you may need or want to focus on in life.
- Write a favorite inspirational quotes
- Use journaling prompts (see below)
- Celebrate an accomplishment from the day (or week)
- Describe a specific event
- Describe your day (or week)
- Express gratitude (post link)
- Describe a challenge you’re facing
- Reflect on feelings associated with a moment or event
- Reflect on what (if anything) is holding you back from living your best life
- Recall your dreams
- Describe a “first” experience (date, buying a home, job, etc.)
- Document current events
- Keep a travel journal
- Describe how you’re living your best life
- Write positive affirmations
- Create random lists (favorite movies, books, foods, etc.)
- Brainstorm an idea
- List the things you are passionate about
- Write about the things that make you happy right now
- Write about something that made you laugh today (or this week)
- Reflect ways you practiced self care today (this week) and how it made you feel
- Describe accomplishing a milestone (marriage, graduation, learning to drive, etc.)
[January] Journaling Prompts
- What is one thing I can do every day to take good care of my body?
- What can I do to create more energy in my life?
- What do I want to START doing (what habit do I want to create)?
- What fitness goal could I set for myself this month?
- What does my body need right now?
- What is your best memory of last year?
- Tomorrow I will ____________
- What is your dream job?
- What ignites your spirit and makes your heart sing?
- If time froze for everyone, but me, what would I do with it?
Charles Duhigg, author of The Power of Habit, describes keystone habits as, “small changes or habits that people introduce into their routines that unintentionally carry over into other aspects of their lives.”
I challenge you to journal regularly for a year, to make journaling a habit. That doesn’t mean you have to write every single day. Maybe begin with regularly journaling once or twice a week.
Looking for more inspiration and guidance to start journaling?
Want to know more about creating a Miracle Morning?