Create a morning routine inspired by Hal Elrod’s The Miracle Morning. How you wake up each day dramatically affects your success in every single area of your life.
What is the Miracle Morning?
The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod is a self-development book written to motivate and improve your morning routine and, ultimately, your life.
At the age of 20, Elrod was hit by a car, declared dead for 6 minutes, spent 6 days in a coma and was told he would never walk again.
Elrod decided to take fate into his own hands. During his stay in the hospital, he realized he couldn’t change the past. But he did realize that by accepting what had happened to him, he could take full responsibility for his future. It fueled a triumphant comeback in his corporate career – which during the recession, ended in what he would call his biggest mental downfall. That’s when his miracle morning came to life.
A miracle morning is waking up early and going through an intentional routine- providing productivity and relaxation before the day even begins.
The Miracle Morning is based on the concept of habit stacking which means you simply pick a few tasks/actions you want to create into a habit, make a sequence out of them and then the sequence itself becomes the new habit. With habit stacking you adopt multiple good habits at once and automate your behavior to do the entire sequence, which is more doable mentally than practicing multiple individual habits.
For many of us, finding time for personal development is a challenge. The Miracle Morning message is clear: how you wake up each day dramatically affects your success in every single area of your life. And, by starting your day just an hour earlier you make the time to consistently and constructively improve yourself on a personal level in key areas of your life.
Hal advises to use the hour of time you created by implementing what he calls the Life S.A.V.E.R.S.
These six elements can make your Miracle Morning a success. Feel free to do them in any order you like, and for how long you’d like within your designated hour.
The Life S.A.V.E.R.S.
Close your eyes, or look at a vision board of inspiring images, and use your imagination to create mental pictures of what you want in your life, who you need to be to create what you want, and what you need to do to get there.
When you exercise in the morning it significantly boosts your energy, enhances your health, and improves self confidence and emotional wellbeing.
Mirror the people and the stories, which you admire. Read something which inspires you and which will enhance an area of your life.
Journaling enables you to document your insights, ideas, breakthroughs, realizations, successes and lessons learned.
Miracle Morning Takeaways
- The morning is the most powerful time of day. It sets the tone for the entire day without the excuses that can accumulate throughout the day.
- Miracle Morning helps you create who you want to be. To become who you want to be you need time for personal development.
- Your level of success follows your level of personal development. Dedicate the time each day to develop into person you want to be to create the life you want.
- Get up an hour earlier for personal development and becoming the best version of you. Not to just work more.
- When the alarm goes off you’re excited to get up.
- Success is something we attract by who we become.
- Have a clear picture in your mind of who you want to be. Start becoming that person right now and act from that place everyday.
- Trust that voice and your intuition.
- The actions you take now dictate the person you are becoming.
- Customize your Miracle Morning and use that time to align yourself with your goals and dreams.
What My Miracle Morning Looks Like
I wake up by 4:00 A.M., drink an 8 ounce glass of water with lemon and start my essential oil diffuser.
The exact minutes may vary.
Silence [10-20 minutes] Meditation first thing in the morning is a gentle way to wake up and allows me time to embrace a quiet moment and clear my mind before the busyness of the day begins.
Visualization [3-5 minutes] Visualize what I want, the kind of person I want to be and what I need to do. Visualization is aligned with my affirmations and is sometimes done with my vision board or an added 3-5 minutes of meditation.
Scribe [10 minutes] Putting my thoughts into writing and getting them out of my head gives me a different perspective and insight that I might have otherwise missed.
Read [5-10 minutes] I love to read. With reading consistently just 10 minutes, or so, daily, I’ve been able to read more books this year than I could find time to before starting my Miracle Morning.
Exercise [30-40 minutes] How I exercise varies, but the exercising itself is a non-negotiable. Lately I’ve been enjoying morning yoga if I’m not teaching a class that day and running on the days I teach.
I’m mentally and physically ready for the day. I shower, do whatever I need to do in my home office, grab the superfood green smoothie (it’s the one meal during my day when I’m guaranteed a super boost of nutrients) I prepped the night before and head out the door to work. Or, if it’s the weekend, I head out the door to teach my morning yoga classes.
Miracle Morning Inspiration
- Love the life you have while you create the life of your dreams. Don’t think you have to choose one over the other.
- Give up being perfect for being authentic.
- Why is it that when a baby is born we often refer to him or her as ‘the miracle of life’ but then we go on to accept mediocrity for our own lives. When did we lose sight of the Miracle that WE are living?
- Strive to make everyday the best day of your life, because there is no good reason not to.
- The moment you accept responsibility for EVERYTHING in your life is the moment you can change ANYTHING in your life.
- Every goal we have is preceded by a process. The secret to success is to be committed to the daily process, without being emotionally attached to your results. You should absolutely be emotionally engaged in your goals, but not emotionally attached. What’s the difference? When you are emotionally engaged, you create excitement & enthusiasm for the possibility of achieving your goals, but when you are emotionally attached you create fear & pain that you might not.
- If you want more energy, put yourself in situations where energy is required. Your body will naturally responde and always produce the energy you need, but not if you’re just sitting around complaining about not having enough energy.
- Those who only do what they feel like… don’t do much. To be successful at anything you must take action even when you don’t feel like it, knowing that the action itself will produce the motivation you need to follow through.
- You are always exactly where you are supposed to be, experiencing what you need to experience, to learn what you must learn, in order to become the person you need to be to create the life you truly want. Always.
It’s called a MIRACLE morning for a reason. The Miracle Morning can help you start your day on a positive and productive note. Practitioners of the Miracle Morning have described improving their careers, achieving their goals, and losing weight. Some have even report looking forward to waking up every morning.
Want to know more about creating a miracle morning?
- How To Journal and the Inspiration To Start
- Beautiful Affirmations for Your Miracle Morning
- The Miracle Morning Toolkit
- Sample of the Miracle Morning Journal
- 6 Minute Miracle Morning
I would love to chat!
Have you heard of or read The Miracle Morning? What do you think of the idea of 1 hour every morning for personal development? What would you have to change in your life to create a Miracle Morning?
be the best version of YOU