Personal growth challenge series.
I have become healthy, both physically and mentally, and emotionally balanced. The journey to get there has taken unexpected turns with uphill climbs. It began with silencing my inner critic and believing in myself and all that I’m capable of.
Let’s be honest, life isn’t all blue skies and sunshine, but by creating a positive mindset and believing in yourself you can begin to see the good AND the challenging with a new perspective.
What helps me silence the inner critic and avoid getting caught up in a loop of negative thoughts? That answer is long so lets begin with my use of daily affirmations and we’ll save the rest of the answer for another time.
Affirmations are positive, specific statements that help you to overcome self-sabotaging, negative thoughts. They help you visualize, and believe in, what you’re affirming to yourself, helping you to make positive changes to your life.
Maximize the Benefits of Daily Affirmations:
- Use the power of repetition. Starting from day one, repeat the affirmation throughout the day.
- Actively replace negative thinking with positive affirmations.
- Affirmations should be used in the present tense, as if they’re already happening.
- If you’re new to using affirmations, understand that your affirmations may not ring true at first. That doesn’t mean it’s not going to work.
- Saying the affirmations out loud may feel a little awkward at first. That will change.
A helpful tip from Louise Hay, the pioneer of affirmations and self love, “Saying affirmations is only part of the process. What you do the rest of the day and night is even more important. The secret to having your affirmations work quickly and consistently is to prepare an atmosphere for them to grow in. Affirmations are like seeds planted in soil. Poor soil, poor growth. Rich soil, abundant growth. The more you choose to think thoughts that make you feel good, the quicker the affirmations work.”
Daily affirmations aren’t about pretending problems don’t exist or that things never go wrong. It’s about retraining your brain to see things with a different perspective, conscious self-reflection and being inspired to take action based on those words you will come to believe.
Commit yourself to 30 days of affirmations as a beginning to help problem solve, improve relationships, increase confidence and create inner clarity.
The power is within you.
[Tweet “Try one of these positive #affirmations today! #challenge #selflove @sweatpink #selfcare #wellness”]
Affirmations can reinforce positive beliefs, and remind us of who we can be and what we can accomplish.
Choose one of these each day for the next 30 days. Repeat it aloud, email it to yourself, and post it where you will notice it throughout the day.
- I choose to live confidently.
- I embrace the possibilities and potential of this day.
- I face the day with energy and courage.
- I have abundance and inner strength.
- I choose faith over fear.
- I embrace experiences outside of my comfort zone.
- I find joy in every day.
- I accept myself for who I am.
- I am ready to face the challenges of the day.
- I trust myself to make the best decisions for me.
- I believe in myself.
- I am willing to change and grow.
- My mind is clear, strong and focused
- I have the power to create change.
- I love and accept my body completely.
- I see endless opportunities in my life.
- I trust my intuition to guide me
- I love and accpet myself as I am.
- Challenges bring me opportunities to grow.
- I deserve the best and accept it now.
- My body is filled with energy.
- I greet this day with gratitude.
- I am ready. This is my time to shine.
- I live in harmony with myself and others.
- I believe in my ability to succeed.
- I am inspired and motivated by my dreams.
- I am beautiful and strong.
- I am ready to see things with a new perspective.
- I deserve pleasure in my life.
- I am courageous and confident.
Using affirmations will look different for everyone. Find what works best for you. Play around and experiment to see what feels right and is doable without feeling like just one more thing on your to-do list.
Congratulations on taking charge of your life and moving in a positive direction with positive affirmations for inner peace and self-love. I’m super excited for you!
Committing to something for 30 days feels doable and is a lot easier than thinking about making a change that is intended to be forever. Making a small commitment can open your mind to new possibilities and ways of being.
Look for the next 30-day Personal Growth Challenge in October.
be the best version of YOU