Take a holistic approach to wellness that nourishes the body, mind and soul. Don’t wait for a special occasion to make lifestyle changes to reach a short-term goal. Do it now for lifelong wellness.
Do you feel like your body is a mystery? Do you feel stuck and overwhelmed? Do you feel like you’re “falling apart”? Are you comfortable in your own body? Are you at peace with yourself? What if I told you that, by eating real food, being active and practicing self-care, you can reduce risk of illness, build strength, increase energy, boost confidence and increase happiness.
By making healthy lifestyle changes you can start to develop daily rituals that improve your health and well being.
Healthy living and radiant health are available to every single one of us. Old habits can be hard to break and making changes in your life for the better is not going to happen overnight, but the good news is, it doesn’t have to be complicated.
With a passion for food, well-being and exercise, I’m sharing with you the tips, ideas, solutions and answers that have been the most helpful for clients in my profession, personal training clients, and students in my yoga classes and workshops.
Make a commitment to change, not a quick fix or fad diet:
- Exercise even if you only have 15 minutes.
- Eat real food. Choose whole, nutrient dense foods from the earth and seek to eliminate or minimize processed foods.
- Remember the main goal isn’t a daily 10-mile run or hour strength training session. The main goal is to do something active.
- Focus on how you want to feel instead of how you want to look.
- Enjoy time outdoors. Nature nurtures well begin in ways that can’t be duplicated. Get outside to re-connect and re-energize.
- Recharge mentally and physically with a good night’s sleep. Getting enough sleep isn’t only about the number of hours. Getting good quality sleep on a regular schedule is also important to waking up feeling rested and rejuvenated.
- Do what you love. Be passionate about life and make time for the things that bring you joy.
- Make being active fit your life. Consider time, location, and the things you enjoy doing to stay active.
- Include a variety in the ways you’re being active. A variety of different exercises and activities helps you to avoid boredom and increase the benefits by varying the stress level in which your body learns to adapt.
- Make self-care a priority. Learning to listen to yourself and giving your body, mind and soul some much needed love and care is an important part of living your best life.
- Listen to your body. Tune into your physical and mental feelings and trust your intuition. Instead of coming from a place of “I shoulds”, truly connect to what your body needs the most.
- Make it routine to unplug and take a break from technology.
- Forgive yourself. We all make mistakes. It happens. Forgiving yourself is a choice and a process. It’s making the decision to see yourself as a valuable person and not less than.
- Balance the pace and intensity of modern life with alone time giving yourself a mental break from the demands of life.
Start from where you are and the changes you need to make. One, two or 5 of these healthy lifestyle changes may be your first step to feeling wonderfully energized, vibrant and full of life.
I would love to chat.
What is your biggest obstacle to healthy living? What is your most consistent healthy living habit? Do you have a daily ritual?
be the best version of YOU