A simple guide with everything you need to know to begin using essential oils in your home.
Essential oils have been used throughout the world for centuries and are one of nature’s most powerful tools to support health and well-being.
Your health and wellness rests in your hands with the choices you make everyday.
START WITH THE BASICS
Properties: Uplifting, invigorating, refreshing, antibacterial
- Diffuse for the purifying and uplifting properties.
Blends well with Basil, Peppermint, and Rosemary
Properties: Calming, regenerating, healing
- Diffuse or add a few drops to your pillow or feet to prepare for a restful night’s sleep.
- Add a few drops to a warm bath to help soak away stress.
Blends well with Clary Sage, Wild Orange, and Frankincense
Properties: Invigorating, cooling, adaptive
- Diffuse to help increase mental clarity and to energize and uplift.
- Apply a few drops to the back of your neck to cool off.
- Rub on head and neck for a soothing sensation when feeling tense.
Blends well with Wild Orange and Grapefruit
Properties: Renewing, calming, grounding
- Diffuse during meditation for a sense of relaxation and balance.
Blends well with Myrrh, Sandalwood and Lavender.
Properties: Antibacterial, soothing, cleansing
- Apply to fingernails and toenails to keep nails looking clean and healthy.
- Blend to make a DIY yoga mat cleaner.
Blends well with Cypress, Thyme and Lavender
Properties: Fresh, clearing
- Diffuse for emotional balance.
- Dilute and gently massage sore or tight muscles.
Blends well with Rosemary, Peppermint and Cardamom
Properties: Uplifting, Invigorating, Renewing
- Diffuse to uplift mood and energy levels.
Blends well with Cinnamon, Lavender, Peppermint and other citrus oils.
For a soothing, sensual, cleansing treatment for body, mind and spirit. Mix 5-8 drops of your favorite essential oil or blend in the bath water.
Diffusion is the easiest way to benefit from aromatherapy. Select a fresh essential oil or blend depending on your needs. Diffuse 15-20 minutes at a time throughout the day.
Essential oils enhance the holistic treatment of massage therapy and they’re easily combined to benefit specific needs.
Fill a glass or stainless steel pot with 2-3 quarts of hot water. Add 2-5 drops of single essential oils or a blend. Position your face, eyes closed, about 10 inches above the hot water, or as close as is comfortable. Optionally, drape a towel over our head and around the sides of the pot. Relax, breathing in the steam for about 5-7 minutes. An additional 1-2 drops can be added as needed.
Combined with a base oil to make rollerball applications, apply to pulse points and, as mentioned above, massage therapy.
Blend individual oils to combine the properties for a harmonious effect. Start with two oils. Blend the 2 oils together in a 50/50 mix. Drop by drop add more of the weaker oil to the mix until the blend forms a beneficial whole.
[Tweet “Download the Essential Oil Beginner’s Guide #healthyliving #wellness #essentialoil #wholeliving @sweatpink “]
Safe Use of Essential Oils
When used safely essential oils are wonderful for health and well-being. There are precaution to be aware depending on the oil you’re using- using undiluted oil on the skin, photosensitivity of some oils, internal use of oils, etc. With a little research and knowledge I use essential oils daily and have not experienced any problems.
If you like this post, you’re going to love these:
- Little Things You Can Do To Reduce Stress
- How To Use Essential Oils With a Diffuseer (download 10 essential oil diffuser recipes)
- The Best Ways To Recover After a Workout (download 2 essential oil bath recipes)
The information in this post is based on my personal experience and research and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, prevent or otherwise reduce the effects of any illness or disease. This information is intended for informational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for seeking medical advice from a licensed medical doctor. Consult a licensed and qualified heath care provider for diagnosis, medical care and treatment.
I would love to chat.
What are your favorite essential oils? Do you have a favorite blend?
be the best version of YOU