Kickstart your day with a positive vibe and energy.
Without exception, positive affirmations are part of my morning ritual. I’ve created morning affirmations to prepare for professional meetings with lawyers and public speaking events, to face challenges, to ease frustrations and to simply create a positive outlook on life.
What is an affirmation?
Affirmations are positive, specific statements that help you to overcome self-sabotaging, negative thoughts. They help you visualize, and believe in, what you’re affirming to yourself, helping you to make positive changes to your life.
Positive affirmations were developed in the 1970’s by neuroscientists who combined modern psychotherapy and linguistics to consciously rewire thought patterns towards more desired outcomes. Our language patterns can limit or increase outcome possibilities.
Skeptical? Wait. Hear me out. If you’re thinking to yourself, “Sure Jill, all I have to do is think it and it will be. Right.” I’ve had those same thoughts, but over time I created a shift in my mindset to being open to the power of positive thinking and the idea that thoughts can create our reality. The more you use affirmations to change limiting beliefs and to create a positive mindset, the more you start to believe and that belief can instill confidence and ambition which inspires action.
The combination of belief and action can transform reality.
The benefits of positive affirmations:
- Help with problem-solving
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Increase the likelihood of personal success
- Increase positive emotions
- Increase awareness of positive and negative thought patterns
- Improve relationships
- Increase confidence
- Create inner clarity
[Tweet “Use these positive affirmations to start your day. @sweatpink #selflove #selfcare #believe #bestlife”]
The practice of daily affirmations is a way to cultivate self-care and a positive state of being.
Tips to help maximize the benefits of affirmations:
- Use the power of repetition. Start every day with affirmations.
- Actively replace negative thinking with positive affirmations.
- Affirmations should be used in the present tense, as if they’re already happening.
- If you’re new to using affirmations, understand that your affirmations may not ring true at first. That doesn’t mean it’s not going to work.
- Saying the affirmations out loud may feel a little awkward at first. That will change.
- Commit to using positive affirmations daily for 30 days.
- Choose an affirmation (or 2) that resonates with you. Then, write it down and repeat it to yourself silently or out loud.
There is a strong belief as well as skepticism in whether or not affirmations work. A culmination of research suggests that affirmations work better for some than others. The use of affirmations can reinforce the core concept of we are all unique and we should honor what feels most nourishing on an individual level.
To quote the wise words of Buddha: What we think, we become.
Or, maybe the words of Anthony Robbins, well known author and life success coach, resonates more with you: Whatever you hold in your mind on a consistent basis is exactly what you will experience in your life.
And Muhammad Ali said: It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.
What do you think? Want to give daily affirmations a try? Why not? What do you have to lose and look at all that you have to gain!
To help make it easier to start creating a habit of daily affirmations, I’m sharing 25 positive affirmations to kickstart your day in a positive way. You can download some of the affirmations in 2 different sizes, a small size to keep with you to have on hand during the day and a larger size to display at home or in your office in a place that’s highly visible throughout your day.
- Everything comes to me at the perfect time.
- What other people think of me does not make me who I am.
- I am whole and complete
- I am in charge of how I feel and I choose happiness.
- I accept myself for who I am.
- I’m ready to face the challenges of the day.
- I am grateful for my life.
- Today is filled with opportunity.
- I am filled with gratitude for another day.
- I trust my inner wisdom.
- I begin the day with peace and gratitude.
- This day is filled with possibilities and potential.
- I will go through my day with an open heart and an open mind.
- I am strong and healthy.
- I am ready to experience this day with joy.
- I am determined and will never give up.
- I will not compare myself to others.
- I know each day is a blessing and a gift.
- I am starting my day with a good mood and inspiring thoughts.
- I love and accept myself.
- I will greet this day with patience.
Enjoyed this post? You’ll love these:
I would love to chat.
Do you use positive affirmations? What are you some of your favorite affirmations to start the day?
be the best version of YOU