| | | | | | |

Easy To Make Spinach and Mushroom Frittata Recipe

Fluffy eggs, baked in the oven — simple, delicious, and sure to become a family favorite. Serve this delicious protein packed vegetarian frittata as an appetizer or main course for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.

Easy To Make Spinach and Mushroom Frittata [Vegetarian, Gluten Free] Fluffy eggs, baked in the oven — simple, delicious, and sure to become a family favorite. Serve this delicious protein packed vegetarian frittata as an appetizer or main course for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. Click through to get the recipe. Pin it now, make it again later. @jillconyers

Thank you Eggland’s Best and Fit Approach for sponsoring this post.

Last month we shared the fabulous flavor combination of EB eggs and sweet potato with Healthy Spiralized Sweet Potato Patties.

This month we give you a nutritious, loaded with veggies and easy to make Spinach and Mushroom Frittata.

According to the Wikipedia a frittata, very similar to quiche and strata, is “an egg-based Italian dish enriched with additional ingredients such as meats, cheeses, vegetables or pasta and such ingredients are combined with the beaten egg mixture while the eggs are still raw rather than being laid over the egg mixture before it is folded, as in a conventional omelette. Frittatas are cooked slowly. Most often, they are cooked on the stovetop on low heat until the eggs are set, then run under the broiler, but they can also be baked. Ingredients are fully mixed with the eggs before cooking starts.”

Frittatas are healthy, delicious and very versatile. Plus when made with EB eggs, you’re getting superior nutrition. EB Eggs are only 60 calories and 25% less saturated when compared to ordinary eggs.

Be creative with the ingredients. Combine a variety of herbs, cheeses, and vegetables and it’s sure to become a regular on your menu.

Experiment with whatever ingredients you have on hand and, enjoy your EB egg creation for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.

Easy To Make Spinach and Mushroom Frittata Recipe

Yield: 6 servings

Serving Size: 1 slice

Easy To Make Spinach and Mushroom Frittata Recipe

Serve this delicious vegetarian frittata as an appetizer or main course for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. This versatile recipe can be made with a variety of ingredients for an easy meal anytime. Gluten Free. Vegetarian.

Ingredients

• 8 Eggland's Best eggs (large), beaten
  • 6 ounces fresh spinach
  • 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 ounces goat cheese
  • 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • cooking spray

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9 in pie plate with cooking spray.
  2. Heat coconut oil, and mushrooms over medium heat in sauce pan. Sauté about 3-4 minutes.
  3. Stir in fresh spinach, cover and cook until spinach is wilted.
  4. In a bowl, combine eggs, cheese, optional salt and pepper. Add the spinach mixture and stir until the ingredients are combined.
  5. Add the egg and spinach mixture to the pie plate and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  6. Serve straight out of the oven, at room temperature or as leftovers during the week.

I would love to chat.

What ingredients would you add to a frittata? Have you ever eaten a frittata? How about quiche or strata?

What are you guys doing on December 14?

How about staying inside where it’s nice and warm to hang out and chat with friends?

Invite your friends and join @FitApproach, @EgglandsBest, & @jillconyers on Dec. 14 at 6pm PT for #WinterWithEB Twitter Party!

be the best version of YOU

Signature

call-to-action
Facebook Twitter Plusone Reddit Stumbleupon Email

Similar Posts

43 Comments

1. This looks so delicious. I love a great frittata. I need to start making them more often.

2. Elizabeth O. says:

YUM! Spinach and mushroom are awesome together! This is definitely a breakfast that you’ll want to start your day with!

3. katrina gehman says:

oh my husband would love this. i’ll have to save it for later. thank you!

4. Natasha Botkin says:

Yummy! I usually make quiche? Thanks

5. This looks amazing! I am going to try this!

6. I think my favorite combination is spinach and mushrooms and can have this in all sorts of dishes. Love this one – frittata’s are the most easiest and most thankful weeknight meals ever.

7. I have never actually had a frittata before. This looks so healthy and delicious I will have to try and make one.

8. Honestly spinach and mushroom frittatas are one of my favourite quick, healthy meals for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

9. Very nutritious meal! Frittatas are so easy to make and so delicious to eat. I put different veggies in my frittata, with some bacon or ham or any meat source. I’m going to try this recipe with spinach and mushrooms. Looks divine!

10. That looks amazing! I have never made a frittata!

11. Nicole Escat says:

I love how this food looks delicious and at the same time, it’s healthy. My family will love this also!

12. Great post! This looks yummy! I love eggs but I haven’t tried frittata before. I wouldn’t making this for healthy breakfast with all my favorite ingredients.

13. How yummy! I will definitely be making a frittata this weekend. I can’t wait to mix and match the ingredients.

14. I’m a huge fan of these and quiche too. My girls actually like eggs so I should really make more of these. Love that you can change the ingredients up and make them different.

15. Can I just say, yum! I’m always up for a new recipe!

16. This looks delicious! I looove eggs, but I’ve never made a frittata

17. I LOVE Frittatas too!!! They’re so simple to make, and a great dish to whip up when you have last minute company

18. This looks so amazing! I love making frittatas – I always feel so fancy for some reason! 😛 I love getting in vegetables first thing in the morning too!

19. These are one of my fav things to make for meal prepped breakfasts. I add some sweet potato to mine. So delish.

20. I love fritattas. They are so easy to make and you can hide all kinds of veggies in there. This one looks delicious.

21. This looks perfect, and I love that it’s gluten free. (I need those recipes for my daughter.) Thank you!

22. Great way to take my mushroom and spinach omelets up a notch and while I’d leave the cheese out of mine it would probably make the girls more excited about it!

23. YUM! And I bet the coconut oil lends a nice sweetness to this recipe! 🙂

24. This sounds so good. I am a fan of anything with spinach.

25. Robin Masshole Mommy says:

That sounds really delicious. I have never had a frittata like this before, but I am most definitely going to be trying this.

26. Cristina L. says:

Thank you for this recipe. Now i have to buy all the ingredients and start making one.

27. Oh my, this looks eggcellent. I’m waiting for my own dinner at the moment and wish I hadn’t seen this because it looks SO GOOD! My daughter would love to gobble this down as well. Can’t wait to try it!

28. This frittata sounds amazing! I definitely am going to have to try out this recipe, and am so egg-static about it! 😉

29. Nicci Randall says:

This looks so delicious! Can’t wait to party with you tomorrow!