Looking for a calorie burning workout that doesn’t take a lot of time? I’ve got you covered! The elliptical is a great option for an effective no-impact total body workout. With a few tips and this 30-minute HIIT workout you can burn calories and increase your heart rate with total body muscle toning.
It’s been a busy week and I’m ready for a slowed down pace kind of weekend. I’m so excited to have had the opportunities to teach many more yoga classes than expected over the past 2 weeks. With coming close to completing YTT (and the teaching evaluation coming up), everything I’ve learned, creating my own sequences and simply being at peace on the mat, all I want to do is yoga. So, I’ve had to make a conscious effort to do a variety of workouts.
I’m not gonna lie. My body is tired (in a good/strong way). I’m grateful for the convenience of having an elliptical in my home gym and the benefits of having effective no-impact cardio workouts.
Tips for a calorie burning, heart pumping elliptical workout:
- Apply enough resistance so that you’re pushing and pulling through each stride. You should feel like you can’t go longer when you step off the machine.
- Weight should be supported in your legs. Don’t lean on the armrests or the moving handles.
- Weight should be in your heels, which allows large muscle groups to work harder and gives you the endurance and form for a strong workout. This also helps to prevent the feet from going numb which is often caused by too much weight being placed on your toes.
- Stand straight with shoulders back and head facing forward.
- Engage your core.
- Vary resistance, direction, incline and effort.
- Use high and low intervals (HIIT).
Related Content: Benefits of HIIT Workouts
- Use the elliptical in a well rounded overall workout plan with variety and balanced workouts.
- Alternate intervals focusing on pushing and pulling with the upper and lower body.
Grab a water bottle and a towel (you’re going to need both) and turn on your favorite playlist. Go!
RIGHT CLICK THE IMAGE ABOVE TO SAVE TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE OR DOWNLOAD THE WORKOUT TO PRINT.
Related Content: Benefits of Cardiorespiratory Training
It’s important to remember, as with any type of exercise, HIIT isn’t for everyone. It’s an incredibly effective method for improving fitness in a short time, but it’s also extremely taxing on the body. HIIT duration, intensity and rest periods should be based on your individual fitness level.
See your physician before beginning any exercise program. This web site is not intended as a substitute for the medical advice and supervision of your personal physician. Any application of this or any other exercise routine set forth in this program is at the viewer’s discretion and sole risk.
Looking for more workouts you can knock out in 30 minutes or less? Check out 5 Total Body Workouts in 30-Minutes or Less
Do you do a variety of different workouts for cardio fitness? How do you change up your fitness routine? What’s your favorite cardio workout?
be the best version of YOU
Share up to 3 links to your best Fitness, Health & Happiness posts and support other healthy living bloggers like yourself. Take a few minutes to visit some of the other blogs that have joined us.
[inlinkz_linkup id=647279 mode=1]