Does this sound familiar?
You’re unmotivated to workout. You’ve hit a plateau in your progress. You think of reasons to cut your workout short. You come up with excuses to not workout at all.
5 tips that will help you bust out of a rut, push past a plateau and reach your goal:
- Never skip the warm-up. Prepare your body for the workout to come and you can train harder, burn more calories and prevent injury. This warm-up will increase your range of motion which means a more effective workout.
- Change things up. You’ve heard of the Albert Einstein quote, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Make changes in your routine to trick your muscles and to keep your workout interesting. Fatigue your body in a different way. Try this Tone and Burn Treadmill Workout. If your cardio is almost always running, try a spin class. If you usually workout inside, sign up for an outdoor bootcamp.
- Work harder. Progress your workouts. Try increasing the amount of weight your lifting or experiment with a variety of body weight exercises. Once you’ve mastered a basic exercise add a balance/stability component.
- Change your schedule. If you do HIIT 3 times a week, try longer steady state cardio 2 times a week and strength train 2 times a week. Or, break up a long run into 2 short AM and PM runs.
- Take time to recover. Your body needs a day or 2 of no exercise to rest, repair and re-energize. Taking a break and allowing your body to rest gives you greater performance which gives you greater results.
I would love to chat:
Have you ever been in a fitness rut and unmotivated to workout? What tips do you have for getting out of a fitness rut? How do you push past a plateau?
Looking for a more inspiration?
You might also like:
be the best version of YOU