Break Out of Breakfast Boredom
Cooks aren’t always pressed for time in the mornings – they just need new ideas. Think mug cakes, smoothie bowls, breakfast cookies, muffins and more. Show us the healthy way you wake up your breakfast – or wake up just for breakfast!
Warning: the images you’re about to see are going to make you hungry for a delicious breakfast or snack!
A delicious and easy to make muffin recipe for a healthy breakfast on the go or afternoon snack. Naturally sweetened and made with whole food ingredients. Make a batch on Sunday and store in the refrigerator for up to a week for a convenient healthy meal and snack option during the week. [Gluten Free, Dairy Free]
- 3 cups oat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 apple, grated
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed leaving chunks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons honey (or preferred sweetener)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- NuttZo Seven Nut and Seed Butter
- nut butter
- plain yogurt with vanilla protein powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine the apple, banana, vanilla, honey, lemon juice. Mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the banana mixture, add water and stir until blended.
- Pour into lined or sprayed muffin tins and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the muffin tin 10 minutes before serving.
- Add [optional] toppings right before serving.
If not serving immediately, store in the refrigerator and warm briefly in the oven or microwave before adding an [optional] topping.
If you’re adding a topping, the NuttZo Seven Nut & Seed Butter is flavor perfection. The creaminess and the crunch of the nuts and seeds go wonderfully with the texture and flavor of the muffins.
Are you hungry now?
More healthy breakfast ideas to break out of breakfast boredom:
I’d love to chat:
Which recipe do you want to try first? Do you change what you eat for breakfast option or stick with the same thing? What’s your favorite easy to make breakfast?
be the best version of YOU
[inlinkz_linkup id=601846 mode=1]