Another holiday baking season is behind us, but that’s no reason to stop baking delicious pumpkin pies, breads and treats. Enjoy warm baked banana bread any time of year. And the peanut butter drizzle is a must.
Two of my favorite types of bread, banana and pumpkin, combined to create a delicious and moist breakfast or dessert. Drizzled with warm peanut butter and it’s tough to stop at one serving.
The delicious flavor combination of pumpkin, banana, toasted walnuts and warm drizzled peanut butter that will make family and friends ask for seconds. Gluten Free.
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup apple sauce, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not the pie filling)
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 tablespoon flax seed, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2-3 tablespoons peanut butter, warmed (for drizzling)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix milk, vanilla, eggs, apple sauce, and stevia until well blended.
- Mix in mashed banana. Mix well.
- Add pumpkin and stir until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, flax, salt, baking powder, baking soda, xantham gum, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir until blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and blend until mixed well with no remaining dry ingredients.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Line a mini loaf pan with parchment paper and add batter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool 30 minutes to 1 hour before removing from the pan.
- When ready to serve, warm the peanut butter in the microwave until you get a consistency that is pourable.
- Drizzle the mini loaves and serve.
This recipe can also be used to make a single large loaf. Increase the cooking time to 60-70 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe by Jill Conyers | Fitness Health & Happiness
Drizzling is a must!
This recipe makes a great holiday gift for friends and family. Make sure to hold the nut butter on top and include a little note with instructions to drizzle before serving.
Not a whole lot to say about this recipe. The pictures say it all. Wouldn’t you agree?
Looking for another easy to make gift idea? Try Fruit & Nut Muesli. It’s been a hit this holiday season.