A Nutty Nut Day
Its time for us all to go nuts! National Nut Day (October 22nd) is coming. Think whole nuts, chopped nuts, ground nuts, nut butter and/or nut flour.
Celebrate with your favorite nutty recipe!
Like with my Nourishing Nuts and Seed Bars, I combined my favorite nuts, seeds and fruits for this recipe. All the things I love and nothing I have to pick out. That’s the beauty of homemade.
I know. I know. It’s too early to say it, but this easy to make recipe that is delicious and simple to prepare in large quantities will be the perfect gift for friends, family and co-workers this holiday season. Fill up a jar, tie on a tag and voila, you have a gift idea friends and family will love.
A healthy gluten free breakfast recipe that is bursting with flavor and nutrients.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried pineapple, chopped
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of nutmeg
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and stir until mixed well.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Serve hot or cold with milk, on top of yogurt, or by itself as a snack.
- Muesli is often served after soaking overnight to soften. Simply combine 1/2 cup muesli and 1/2 cup milk and soak overnight. As little as 15 minutes works well too. Serve cold or heated and topped with yogurt and fresh fruit (optional).
Substitute your favorite dried fruits for any of the dried fruits in the recipe.
Created by Jill Conyers
Have you ever made your own muesli? What favorite things would you add to your recipe?
Sharing the recipe love with friends at Foodie Friday.
be the best version of YOU