Meb Keflezighi is widely acclaimed as one of the greatest runners of our time.
I received a free copy of Meb For Mortals from Rodale Inc. (Runner’s World/Bicycling/Running Times) in exchange for writing a review. As always all opinions are my own.
A new book on the bookshelf.
As avid readers and runners, my husband and I were more than a little curious to know, how did he do it? How could someone two weeks away from his 39th birthday, who had only the 15th best time going into the race, defeat the best field in Boston Marathon history and become the first American man to win the race in 31 years?
Meb For Mortals describes in unprecedented detail how three-time Olympian Keflezighi prepares to take on the best runners in the world. More important, the book shows everyday runners how to implement the training, nutritional, and mental principles that have guided him throughout his long career, which in addition to the 2014 Boston win includes an Olympic silver medal and the 2009 New York City Marathon title.
Can you imagine how many times Meb heard, “How did you do it?”
5 Lessons Learned from Meb
- To compete as well as I do, I’ve always had to do more than just run.
- Of the 3 key things that determine long term success, 2 are psychological.
- Improving as a runner doesn’t happen overnight. You’re going to go through good times and not-so-good times. There will be challenges, obstacles and setbacks.
- Learn to tell the difference between acceptable short-term fatigue and the lingering fatigue that can lead to performance decreases and injury.
- It’s better to be undertrained than overtrained.
Reading Meb for Mortals makes you believe in the success of mere mortal runners. Meb shows everyday runners how to put into practice the training, nutrition and mental principles that guided him throughout his long career.
A peek inside:
Chapter 1: Think Like Meb
Chapter 2: Run Like Meb
Chapter 3: Train Like Meb
Chapter 4: Race Like Meb
Chapter 5: Eat Like Meb
Chapter 6: Strengthen Like Meb
Chapter 7: Stretch Like Meb
Chapter 8: Cross-Train Like Meb
Chapter 9: Recover Like Meb
Through injuries and disappointments, Meb never gave in to discouragement.
You can buy the book here: http://bit.ly/MebFM15PR
Connect with Meb:
- Twitter (@runmeb): https://twitter.com/RunMeb
- Instagram (@runmeb): https://instagram.com/runmeb/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MarathonMeb
- Co-author Scott Douglas on Twitter (@mescottdouglas): https://twitter.com/mescottdouglas
If you could talk to Meb in person what would you ask him? Do you read running books?
be the best version of YOU
Let’s stay in touch!