We’re celebrating the arrival of spring with delicious seasonal veggies in a bowl! This just screams to be eaten outside on the deck doesn’t it?
Some of the seasonal goodness of flavor and nutrition that spring has to offer.
I can almost guarantee you’re going to love this recipe. It’s loaded with nourishing veggies and seeds has a wonderful combination of flavors and textures.
It's a celebration of the arrival of spring and seasonal veggies. It's loaded with nourishing veggies and seeds has a wonderful combination of flavors and textures.
- 1 generous handful of arugula
- 1 generous handful of watercress
- 1 generous handful of spring mix
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 1/4-1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 2-3 radishes, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon pepitas
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- black pepper to taste
- Arrange the arugula, watercress and spring mix in a medium bowl. Top with avocado, carrots, radishes, hummus and quinoa.
- Make the dressing by combining the olive oil, lemon juice, and dijon mustard in a small container with a lid. Shake to mix well.
- Lightly drizzle the veggies with the dressing and sprinkle with black pepper to taste.
- Top with pepitas, sunflower seeds and hemp seeds.
When adding the dressing, begin with a very light drizzle. You can also forgo the dressing altogether. The avocado and hummus make for a great "dressing".
The secret to the yumminess is in the greens. The variety of flavors with the arugula, watercress and spring mix is a spring celebration in your mouth! And, the variety of textures with the seeds, avocado, hummus and crunchy vegetables add even more to the celebration.
What favorite spring veggies would you add to a “bowl”?
be the best version of YOU