I received the NASM CPT exam materials last week and since then I’ve realized I would have to make some changes to make time to study. Priorities have changed so how I spend my time would have to change too.
I thought a lot about a post I shared just over a year ago, Align Your Beliefs with Your Actions, and how my beliefs align with my priorities.
Now, it’s time to align beliefs, priorities and ACTIONS.
Without question family will always be at the top of the beliefs, priorities and actions lists. I focused on how I’m actually spending my day. How much computer time? What is important and what brings me true joy and emotional well being? What am I doing that is not moving me toward my goals? What are the daily living things that have to be done?
6 Tips To Align Your Actions with Your Priorities
- Be aware of how you currently spend your time
- Identify the non-negotiables. The things that simply HAVE to be done.
- Make a short list of 2-3 actions-for-the-day every morning.
- Do something relevant to your goal every day.
- Keep time open for non-goal related activities.
- Journal your progress at the end of the day.
It’s certainly a work in progress at this point, but by going through this thought process it makes everything feel doable, less overwhelming and focused. Until a few days ago I couldn’t even imagine feeling less overwhelmed and focused.
Going through this process supports success with my goal to study for and pass the NAMS Certified Personal Training exam.
Do your actions align with your priorities? Have your priorities recently changed?
be the best version of YOU