Dark chocolate and juicy red strawberry dessert satisfies a chocolate craving and tastes too good to be healthy. Like peanut butter and jelly, chips and salsa, manis and pedis, and stars and stripes, CHOCOLATE and STRAWBERRY just go together.
Does your chocolate need a friend? What’s your favorite chocolate match? Maybe it’s traditional peanut butter or something more exotic like cayenne + chocolate.
Then there’s chocolate and mint, chocolate and peanut butter and chocolate and raspberry.
My favorite? Chocolate and strawberry. Anyone else? Just imagine, sweet red strawberries dipped in chocolate.
If you like chocolate and strawberry I have a recipe you’re going to love. And the sweet part, other than the flavors, it’s healthy too.
Dark chocolate and juicy red strawberries satisfies a sweet craving and tastes too good to be healthy.
A delicious dessert or snack that satisfies a chocolate craving and tastes too good to be healthy.
- 2 tablespoons chia
- 1/2 cup cashew milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (amount to taste and depending on sweetness of the strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips (I used dairy free Enjoy Life)
- 5-6 fresh strawberries, mashed*
- Pour cashew milk into a small bowl with a lid or mason jar.
- Add chia seeds, cocoa, vanilla and maple syrup to the milk.
- Mix well with a small whisk.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- When ready to eat, stir well again.
- Top with mashed strawberries and chocolate chips.
*Mashing the strawberries releases the juices that blend well with the chocolate flavor of the pudding.
Feel good about the foods you eat.
2 tablespoons of chia provide:
- 4 grams of complete protein
- 4.5 grams of omega 3 oils
- 5.5 grams fiber
- 9% RDA calcium
- 7% RDA iron
I would love to chat.
What is your favorite chocolate + [FILL IN THE BLANK] combination?
be the best version of YOU