It seems so simple and the benefits to drinking water and staying hydrated are many and yet, drinking enough water throughout the day can be a big challenge.
Over the past few months I more than doubled my water intake over the period of a day.
- Hydrate for gut health. Drink a glass of water about 30 minutes before a meal to help with digestion.
- Add your own flavors. Add a slice of lemon or lime, try infused water recipes or add Nuun to your glass or bottle to give your water a boost of flavor.
- There’s an app for that. Try Waterlogged or Water Your Body. Or, simply set a few alerts on your phone to remind yourself to take a drink.
- Easy access. Always keep a big tumbler of water on your desk or a water bottle in your bag so you have no excuse. And if you work at a desk, leave the cup in plain sight so you’re constantly reminded.
- Include water with your order. When you’re dining out order water with your meal. You’ll hydrate AND save money.
- Hydrate with water-rich foods. Add cucumbers, melons, celery or even soup with a light broth to a recipe or meal.
- Make water a part of your morning. While your coffee brews or your breakfast is cooking drink 2-3 cups of water, first thing.
- Reap the benefits of drinking lemon water. Add a cup of warm lemon water to your morning ritual.
- Put a straw in your glass (or buy water bottles with straws.) Drink your water with a straw and you’ll take bigger gulps and drink more.
- Think about the benefits of how you look and feel when you’re body is hydrated.
- BONUS: Drink hot water. This is especially great during the cold winter months. You hydrate and stay warm. Use a Keurig without the K-cup for convenience.
Do you drink the recommended ounces of water for your body a day? What are your tips to stay hydrated?
be the best version of YOU
Let’s stay in touch!