Food cravings. We all have them. Try these tips to overcome the cravings and enjoy life.
It happens to all of us, a craving that seems unstoppable and can even feels all consuming. Sound familiar?
First things first. No blanket restrictions. With disordered eating in my background, nothing is off limits. I make smart informed choices, but I do not restrict myself of what I can and can’t eat.
Tips To Take Control and Overcome Food Cravings
- Plan and prepare satisfying meals that give your body the nutrients it needs.
- Have a game plan for stress. Know the best ways to manage your stress so you’re not reaching for a sweet treat or salty snack for a quick fix.
- Stay hydrated by drinking water throughout the day. Thirst and dehydration may increase cravings.
- Make sleep a priority. Not getting enough sleep can increase food cravings.
- Stock a healthy pantry and fridge. If the unhealthy foods that you crave are not easily accessible you’re less likely to give in to the craving.
- Green smoothies. The blend of fruits, veggies, protein and healthy fats make for a delicious, refreshing and nourishing meal or snack that keep the unhealthy cravings at bay.
- Make the connection between unhealthy cravings and emotional triggers. Stress, boredom and low self esteem can all trigger “feel good” cravings. Find alternatives with other things that boost seratonin to distract you until the craving passes.
- Last but not least, if you’re craving chocolate (or whatever you’re craving), have a little. And once you’ve made the decision to indulge own that decision. Truly enjoy the indulgence.
See. You can take control, indulge a little and enjoy life.
I would love to chat:
Do you have any tips for overcoming cravings? Share them in the comments.
be the best version of YOU