Green Smoothie Recipe for Beginners
Packed with nutrients, 12 servings of fruits and vegetables and a boost of protein, this is the recipe that started my husband drinking a green smoothie-a-day. The best part is, for the first time ever, my son was willing to try this smoothie and has actually asked for it.
A simple recipe for a delicious green smoothie that is great for beginners. The yumminess and nutrients make it an enjoyable and energizing way to start the day.
- 2 cups water
- 3 handfuls spring mix greens
- 1 teaspoon Maca (optional)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 serving Skoop B-Game Vivan-Nilla
- 1 banana, peeled
- 2 apples, cored, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- Natural sweetener of choice (optional)
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Combine 2 cups water, spring mix, Maca, ground flax and protein powder in a blender.
- Blend until the mixture is a green juice consistency.
- To the green mixture add the banana, apples, strawberries, 3-4 ice cubes and sweetener if using.
- Blend until smooth.
- Once blended, divide into *2 or 3 servings in air tight containers.
- Store in container with a tight lid in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Drink the smoothie the same day you blend it for maximum nutrition.
I don't add sweetener.
*2 servings for meal replacement or 3 snack size servings in addition to 3 meals a day.
I know it’s cold outside, but the yumminess and nutrients make green smoothies an enjoyable and energizing way to start the day.
Another great for beginners recipe is the Yummy Green Protein Smoothie.
Still not convinced? Check out the results of my 30-day Green Smoothie A Day Experiment.
What tips do you have to get kids to eat more veggies?
This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission from your purchase. There’s no change in your price or experience; just you supporting me and my blog!
be the best version of YOU
Let’s stay in touch!