Yes, it’s winter and maybe an icy cold smoothie doesn’t sound the least bit appealing right now, but wait, hear me out.
On December the 10th, as part of my plan to have a healthy happy holiday, I started drinking 1 (sometimes 2) smoothies a day simply as a way to make sure I was getting a healthy dose of nutrients and vitamins during the busy holiday season and to kind of balance out the somewhat healthy holiday meals I was enjoying. It worked out better than expected.
So much so that I decided to continue enjoying a green protein smoothie-a-day for 30 days as an experiment. I wanted to test the benefits.
The unexpected benefits rocked my world!
- Even energy throughout the day and that meant no afternoon slump.
- Improved skin appearance. Honestly, there is a healthy glow on my face that wasn’t there before.
- Unintentional, but healthy weight loss.
- My cravings have changed. That’s not to say I don’t crave chocolate or a salty snack very now and then, but I also crave the sweetness of fruits and the flavors of vegetables.
- The most surprising and the most wonderful benefit, no afternoon cravings to snack! Boom! I’ve battled what call the bewitching hours from 4:00 to 6:00 for what feels like forever. During those few hours I always had this overwhelming need to snack that had nothing to do with feeling hungry. I tried everything with little to no success until now.
- Bonus benefit. I love coffee and now I drink it for the rich flavor and because I enjoy it and not for the caffeine. I drink one cup of coffee with caffeine daily. If I want to enjoy another cup it’s decaf. Compare that to the 4-5 with caffeine that I drank before trying a green smoothie-a-day.
So, now, no matter what the season or the weather, a green protein smoothie-a-day (sometimes 2) is now a permanent lifestyle choice!
That’s not all. My husband is now having a green protein smoothie everyday when he gets home from work and my son is actually willing to try them.
Coming up: an awesome recipe that is great for green smoothie beginners and I’m also sharing a peek inside my smoothie bar.
I get a little excited about this stuff!
be the best version of YOU
Let’s stay in touch!