Set the tone for your day. Start with a morning ritual.
Thanks to Lorna Jane Active for sponsoring today’s post, and providing me with a copy of the 2015 MNB Diary and sponsoring a giveaway. All opinions, as always, are my own.
What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Do you check your phone? Do you turn on your computer? Run for the coffee pot? Check the news? Rush around making breakfast and lunch and thinking about the early meeting you have?
So much of how we live is about mindset. Life is busy. There will always be stress. There are things we have to do as part of everyday life. There are things we want to do and accomplish.
I’ve learned that the best way to handle all of that without being stressed, rushed and overwhelmed is starting the day with a positive mindset. The start of a day can create a positive and relaxed mindset that makes you feel confident and ready to take on the day ahead of you.
I use the time I have and I keep it simple.
Journaling and warm lemon water or decaf tea. I journal 2 things (and anything else I might want to add) every morning, daily move nourish believe intentions and grateful thoughts. On Sunday morning I add my workouts for the week.
Coffee and computer. The 2 Cs have been a part of my morning for years and that hasn’t changed. The only difference is the amount of time and how I spend time on the computer.
Workout. I move every morning. Maybe a run. Maybe practice yoga or strength train. My workout depends a lot on whether or not I have an early meeting at work. If I do, I take a few minutes to stretch or do a short yoga sequence and wait to do a full workout after work.
It sounds like it takes more time than it actually does. The morning ritual becomes routine and you learn to make it work with the time you have. I chose exactly the things I needed to make time for first thing in the morning.
I do the things that make me happy to wake up and get out of bed!
When you start your morning ritual keep a few things in mind:
- Design your morning and try it for 21 days.
- Expect to wake up a little bit earlier. Trust me, it’s worth it.
- Don’t try to do too much. Be realistic with the time you have and choose what you need and want to do without having to rush.
- Make it personal.
- If you’re morning ritual begins to feel like just one more thing on your to-do list, make some changes until it becomes something you look forward to every morning.
My morning ritual is a non-negotiable part of the day.
I’m a big geek for planners and journals. One of my favorite things about a new year is buying a new planner so when I received the new 2015 MNB Diary from Lorna Jane Active I felt like a kid on Christmas morning.
I knew it would be perfect for journaling [and anything else I wanted to add]!
Time to dream weave and motivate yourself for a fresh new year of Active Living with the 2015 MNB diary.
Within its 214 pages, you will find more. More creative inspiration, more MNB motivation and more active aspiration than you know what to do with.
A peek inside….
Still not sure about starting a morning ritual? Still skeptical about waking up a little earlier?
Check out these articles:
I’m giving away a Morning Ritual Gift Pack!
- 2015 MNB Diary
- a box of my favorite tea
- a delightful mug for your lemon water or tea
- along with a surprise or 2!
Enter for a chance to win:
Leave a separate comment for EACH entry. Giveaway ends at midnight (EST) on Thursday, December 25.
- [Mandatory] Leave a comment and tell me what you think of having a morning ritual.
- Pin the recipe image in this post. Tag @lornajaneactive @jillconyers and leave a link to the pin in the comments.
- Repin an image from my LJ Holiday Fit List Pinerest board using the hashtags included and leave a link to the pin in the comments.
- Tweet the giveaway and leave a link to the tweet in the comments. [Do this daily for more chances to win.]
be the best version of YOU
Let’s stay in touch!
[inlinkz_linkup id=478260 mode=1]