Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Sizzlefish.
As much as we love fish, if you ask anyone in my family what their favorite seafood is, the answer will be unanimous, scallops. Combine scallops with 2 family-favorite vegetables and you have the makings of a delicious and nutritious meal that everyone will enjoy.
Scallops are a delicious addition to a stir fry with vegetables. The quick cooking method seals in all the flavors of the ingredients and it can be made in less time than it takes to order take-out.
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 scallops, large
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut the stalks in half*
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- In a small bowl, prepare the marinade by combining tamari, honey and sesame seed oil. Add scallops and marinate in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, broccoli and asparagus and sauté for about 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender but crisp.
- Add marinade, scallops and scallions to the vegetables.
- Sauté 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until scallops are done.
- Add sesame seeds, stir and remove from heat.
- Divide the vegetables on 2 plates, top with scallops and sprinkle with the optional toasted sesame seeds and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Serve with a side of quinoa.
*If the asparagus stalks are thick either trim the ends enough to remove the thickest portion or increase cooking time slightly to make sure the thick pieces are tender.
Healthy and delicious. You can’t go wrong with fish and seafood recipes.
A few weeks ago I shared a fish taco recipe made with a variety of fish fillets I received from Sizzlefish. By request I’ve made them 3 times since then. I’m guessing the same will happen with the stir fry recipe too.
What is your favorite seafood? What 2 veggie favorites would you add to a stir fry?
be the best version of YOU
Let’s stay in touch!