4 days surrounded by people that share my passion for blogging and fitness!
I kicked off my birthday week with the #ActiveLivingChallenge and #30daysselflove video challenge. So, what’s next? I’m going to California to attend Idea World Fitness Blogfest!
Blogging, fitness, and, what I’m most looking forward to, meeting other healthy living bloggers in real life!
Wait, there’s more!
A workout with Tony Horton, meet and greet with Lorna Jane and the keynote speaker is Jillian Michaels.
And, it’s in California just minutes from where my kids were born! What more could I ask for?
I’ve been planning. I want to maximize my time! I want to see everything, do as much as I can and meet as many people as possible.
- Bring business cards and always have them easily accessible. Don’t be intrusive, but at the same time don’t be shy about handing them out.
- Print a copy of the conference schedule to keep with you.
- Have an elevator pitch in mind. I’m not talking about a rehearsed insincere pitch of your blog. I mean have a clear, concise and compelling summary of your blog that you can communicate in the time it takes to ride in an elevator with someone.
- Bring a bag that gives you an easy comfortable way to carry everything.
- Take notes. Whether it’s a tablet, laptop or pen and paper, have a way to make note of information, names, phone numbers, emails, contacts, etc.
- Bring a snack and refillable water bottle. Avoid the hangry moments (if you’re like me)! I don’t have a lot of luck with convention food so I’m bringing snacks I know I will enjoy and will hold me over if lunch or dinner is later than usual.
- Use some of the down time that is not during the conference hours to get to know other bloggers. I’m planning a meet-up for Wednesday later afternoon or early evening before the conference begins! Reconnect in the evening with bloggers you met during the day.
- Plan how you’re going to keep your phone, iPad, camera battery, etc. charged. Outlets will be limited and everyone will be doing the same. Bring a portable charger or even a power strip (to share).
- Dress comfortably. And be prepared for chilly conference rooms.
- Be prepared for workouts! If you’re going to yoga, don’t forget a mat. If you’re going for a run, pack your running shoes. (FYI – there’s a fun run Thursday morning with Tiffany Hennes. Meet at Hall D at 6:00.) Also keep in mind clothes for post-workout and whether or not you will have the opportunity to go to your hotel to change.
- Have fun!
I think this falls in the category of very very excited! Can you tell?
A lot of the suggestions are the same but tips kindly shared by other bloggers:
- An extra duffel bag for any swag that you get or samples from the expo! (Chrissy Carroll – Snacking In Sneakers
- Bring some snacks to accommodate YOUR eating schedule. (Terressa Dotson – Achieving Fit)
- Gifts for your roommates (if you have them), definitely extra room in your bag for swag, blog business cards, and a smile! (Nicole Renee – Fitful Focus)
- A power strip – everyone in need will love you and you’ll never have to wonder if someone will end up sitting by you! (Kristin KH – Exploring Domesticity)
- Be open to go to different sessions that you think may be out of your comfort zone. Sometimes I learned the most when I attended a session that I didn’t know anything about. (Tracey English – Aspire Fitness)
- I will have plenty of business cards in me. (Jody Stoops – Cross My Heart Fitness)
- A good large bag to carry things around and a portable charger for cell phone just in case you cannot find an outlet (Libby Liming – Bruises In the Frosting)
Have I forgotten anything? Have you attended a blogging conference? Are you going to Blogfest?
Be HAPPY. Be HEALTHY. Be YOU.