Back in April Chad and I started talking about whether or not to run the Hawthorn Half Day Relay and Ultra as a 2-person relay team or as an individual ultra. When I asked, Hawthorn Half Day Relay. Team of 2 or Ultra?, it was close, but you guys voted for the relay. Chad and I decided we’ll run the relay again! It’s hard to pass up…
the ultimate run date!
Now, to decide what foods to take. I have to keep in mind:
- at about the 8 hour mark I’m tired of eating and drinking and I have to make a conscious effort to continue fueling the way I need to to run another 4 hours
- all natural
- I will take more than I will actually eat
- I risk nothing. I eat what I know and trust. Imagine an upset stomach at the 10 hour mark. Ugh!
- I don’t feel like eating right after the race is over. Which is just as well since there is never anything I can (or want) to eat at the post-race meal. I’ll have a bar and Recovery Accelerator (thanks for the recommendation Nikki!) while Chad eats and at the hotel I will have my favorite, very cold, smoothie.
On the menu so far:
Vega for before, during and after [and the car ride home]. I really wanted the Chocolate Mint Bar for recovery but I was unable to find them locally and not enough time to order. I should have stocked up!
I can’t remember the actual name so I’ll just call it the Best Granola Ever by Oh She Glows.
A variety of nuts and [fresh and dried] fruit.
The best-ever Classic Glo Bars by Oh She Glows.
Hydration seems to be a challenge. For whatever reason when I get in a zone and I forget to drink. I’m hoping the variety of flavors of Cocogo will help with my tendency to forget to drink. Don’t get me wrong. I will drink enough. It just doesn’t come easy to me.
The thing is I know I won’t eat everything I take. I’d rather have too much than not enough and the more variety the less chance of getting bored with eating.
A few other things on the list:
- boiled red potatoes with sea salt
- make Lindsay’s Protein Pancake Bites using Procakes (we ate the last batch without a single photo)
So that’s the plan.
This is not a sponsored post. I created the menu and purchased all my favorite products to run strong and enjoy the day.