Have you ever heard or read something that just stuck with you? Words that stay in the back of your mind and pop up at the most random times? That’s what happened when I ordered this tank.
And along with the tank from Powercakes.net I received this nice surprise (the pink hair band was not included)…
When I opened the package I was so excited to get the shirt I absentmindedly slipped the bracelet onto my wrist. I haven’t taken it off since. Now, every time I look at it or a glimpse of the words catch my eye it reminds me. It makes me think.
All of this is going somewhere I promise.
Little did I know that wearing this simple little black bracelet would kind of force me to think about and answer this question, what does “be true to you” mean to me and I’m glad it did. To be honest, at first, I was surprised to realize I wasn’t sure what it meant. A little more thought and this is what I have come up with.
Be true to you means…
- acknowledge your strengths as much as you do your weaknesses
- trust what you know and feel
- recognize and appreciate your strengths
- be open to the advice of others, but ultimately make up your own mind
- being myself makes me a better me
- following my own value system and common sense regardless of who might disagree
- none of this is contingent on progress, perfection or success
This post is entirely inspired by Kasey, the designer of the shirt and the mastermind behind Powercakes.net.
You know I’m going to ask,
What does “be true to you” mean to you?
Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is YOUER than you. Dr. Seuss