Stay Healthy AND Enjoy All the Things You Love About the Holiday Season!
As a Sweat Pink Ambassador I am participating in the Holiday Fit List campaign sponsored by Fit Approach and Lorna Jane. All opinions are my own.
It starts right around Thanksgiving and continues into the new year. The internal dialogue as I debate what to eat, when to indulge a little and sticking to a workout routine all during the wonderfully busy holiday season. Sound familiar?
Tips to Stay Healthy and Fit During the Holiday Season
1. Don’t deprive yourself of the things you enjoy most about the holiday season. Find balance, stay consistent and allow yourself a little wiggle room.
2. Stick to your routine as much as possible and have a plan to be active at least 4 days per week. Acknowledge that things will come up that may interfere with your workout and have a backup plan in mind. Have a set alternate time or substitute a different activity. Running is always my preference but my go-to alternate workout is yoga. It’s relaxing, strength building and you don’t need a lot of time.
3. Indulge wisely. A day off doesn’t have to mean a week off. When you indulge in foods you don’t normally eat make sure you thoroughly enjoy it and don’t beat yourself up over it.
4. Provide healthy options. Lighten up a holiday favorite and avoid processed and refined ingredients. I have picked out a few recipes from the Move Over Sugar Recipe Book to make for family and friends. The Spiced Apple & Walnut Bake will be on the menu for Christmas morning. I’m also making a Natural Muesli and Healthy Oatmeal Scones all from the same recipe book.
Click the MOVE OVER SUGAR image below to download a free copy.
5. Give yourself a little me time. Plan for times when you need a break from the busyness of the season. Schedule a hair appointment, a massage or mani-pedi. Not much time? Read a book, have a cup of hot tea or take a bubble bath.
Lorna Jane gifted each blogger of the campaign an outfit so we all enjoyed a little shopping.
I chose the Jodi Full Length Tight specifically for something comfortable to wear for yoga. The fit, comfort and fabric are perfect for any yoga session! And the bonus is they’re great as a base layer for winter running. I picked the Dana Short Sleeve Excel for the same reason, something comfortable to wear for yoga. And finally the Elle Bra. I picked this bra simply because I loved the design and color. It’s super comfortable and I can see myself wearing it for workouts and day to day casual. It was hard to choose so I added a few other things to my Christmas List. (Hint to my husband and children)
For healthy recipes, fitness tips, motivation and how-tos visit Move Nourish Believe.
Who is interested in a chance to WIN a $250 Lorna Jane gift card?
Simply go to http://woobox.com/fhem5g to enter.
Do a little shopping with the 20% off discount code!
Go to Lorna Jane and enter promo code SHOPLJ at checkout.
Because I love it! A little motivation from the Move Nourish Believe Inspiration Board (Original image bananasandkale.tumblr.com).
What is your favorite lightened up holiday recipe? What will be your “me time” when you need a short break from the busyness of the holiday season?
Be HEALTHY. Be HAPPY. Be YOU.