Disclosure: The following post is sponsored by Fitfluential LLC on behalf of Nutrex Hawaii. I am being compensated for this honest review but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
I first read about Spirulina last year when I started reading books by Scott Jurek and Rich Roll. Both athletes often included the super nutrient to recipes. So, of course, I was immediately curious as to what Spirulina is and why amazing athletes choose to add it to their diet.
What is Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica?
- blue-green vegetable microalgae
- all natural, 100% vegetarian, Kosher Certified, and Non-GMO
- free of gluten, lactose, soy, pesticides, herbicides, and solvents
- wonderful source of protein, carotenoids, vitamins, iron, and anti-oxidants
- supports increased energy levels and boosts immunity
What are the benefits of adding Spirulina to my diet?
- considered to be one of the world’s most powerful superfoods
- ridiculously high in protein – its 60-65% protein (compared to say fish, which is up to 35% protein)
- very high in chlorophyll – which builds healthy blood, promotes better circulation, and helps reduce inflammation – so basically it helps everything…I think of chlorophyll as liquid energy
- boosts energy
- heals your body
- helps you deal with cravings – less cravings for junk food
- boosts immunity
- detoxes your body
- helps promote weight loss
I also received another Nutrex Hawaii product, Hawaiian Astaxanthin. If you’re like me this is a super nutrient you’ve never heard of.
What is BioAstin Hawaiian Astaxanthin?
- green microalgae
- Non-GMO and BSE-Free
- free of gluten, lactose, pesticides, and herbicides
- a super-antioxidant
- the world’s strongest antioxidant
What are the benefits of adding Astaxanthin to my diet?
- a natural anti-inflammatory
- powerful UV-blocking properties
- reduce wrinkles and improves skin moisture levels
- increased strength
- increased recovery from exercise
- supports immune function
- supports cardiovascular health
- protects cells and the nervous system from oxidative damage
- supports brain health
That’s an impressive list benefits. Curious to know why these products are called the athlete’s secret weapon? Want to know how they work or is it safe? Check out the science behind the products at Nutrex Hawaii – Science. That’s the nutrition and research geek in me.
- I haven’t been using Spirulina or Astaxanthin long enough to realize the benefits
- the flavor of the Spirulina powder can be a little overwhelming in a recipe so I’ve been adding 1/2 of a dose twice a day to smoothies, soups and salads
- I’m curious to see if after using daily whether or not I notice some of the benefits
Speaking of nutrition geek. I was happy to have also received books on Spirulina and Astaxanthin. No, I didn’t read all three cover to cover but I found the information I was looking for.
Sign up for the Nutrex Hawaii Newsletter for deals at http://www.nutrex-hawaii.com/contact-preferences/?email=Sign+Up+for+holiday+Deals%21
For healthy spirulina recipes, visit: http://www.nutrex-hawaii.com/recipes
Interested in trying Spirulina or Astaxanthin? Use the promo code HOLIDAY30 to get 30% off your purchase at http://www.nutrex-hawaii.com