Before and After
For the past month I’ve talked a lot about participating in the US Preview of Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation as a Girls Gone Sporty Ambassador. Although my sponsored obligations have long been met I wanted to share one last post.
In 4 weeks I went from…
feeling and acting less and less like myself, changes in body composition, weight gain, tension headaches, not sleeping well, less energy and self doubt all from what I’m 99% sure was caused by a culmination of a lot of stress in my life
feeling more like my old self, increased muscle tone and definition, weight loss, no more headaches, more energy, sleeping like a baby, confidence and managing stress rather than letting it manage me.
Sure, the stress started months ago and is still there in varying degrees but with being healthier physically and mentally I’m better equipped to manage it.
In 4 weeks I went from this…
What is it about this program?
- Challenging workouts with variety. I was (and continue to be) motivated to cross train consistently.
- Workouts could be done at home. I had the equipment I needed.
- No diet fads or trends. Simply back to the basics of clean eating and making smart choices.
- It’s a real-life doable program.
- The program included a mindset component with short videos. The videos were not necessarily new information but a lot of them were exactly what I needed to hear.
- Worked well with running 3 days/week.
- 12 chest level incline push-ups
- chest press with more weight than ever before
- squats with more weight than ever before
It wasn’t always easy. Some days I told myself no excuses and just freakin’ do it and I did. Every now and then I didn’t want to work out at all. When that happened I agreed with myself to give it 10 minutes (a favorite tip from a mindset video). If after 10 minutes of running or strength training I still didn’t want to do it I could quit. Guess what.