Are You Ready to Run 14 in 2014?

2014 Running Challenge

First, 12 runners committed to running 12 races in 2012. Then, in 2013, almost 900 runners signed up to run 13 in 2013. Many have even gone beyond 13 races!

Next? It’s time time to start thinking about the new year. New goals and endless possibilities of what you can accomplish.

I’m excited to announce that Jen, Marathon Mom, and I are teaming up again in 2014 to bring you 14 in 2014! Now, it’s time to plan and commit to a running challenge for 2014.

COMMIT to a year-long running goal!

To be honest, Twelve In Twenty-Twelve was tough and there was a time or 2 during the year when I didn’t think I could do it. As it turns out, Twelve In Twenty Twelve is one of my proudest running accomplishments ever and totally worth the effort! And 13 in 2013 was even tougher impossible with an injury that sidelined my running goals for the year. Disappointed about how 13 in 2013 turned out? Yes. Am I giving up on accomplishing a year-long running goal? No way! In fact my resolve is probably stronger than ever!

Details:

1. Pick a goal (5K, 10K, Half, Full, Combination, Trails) and sign up.
  2. Run 14 registered virtual or real life races in 2014.
  3. The number of participants will not be limited.
  4. Prizes throughout the year. Hint: Some of my favorite running and fitness products!
  5. We will have a 14 in 2014 Facebook group to support and encourage each other and share the experience.
  6. To support everyone reaching their goal Jen and I will host 4 virtual races throughout the year.
  7. Share with Instagram and Twitter using the #14in2014 hashtag.

How to join:

1. Sign up [and commit] below.
  2. If you blog, post the challenge button with the distance of your choice on the sidebar of your blog. (Right click, save and link to http://jillconyers.com).

T-Shirt Design Contest

We’re taking submissions for a 14 in 2014 t-shirt design! Submit your design to marathonmom28@gmail.com. Entries accepted until December 6 at midnight EST.

Coming soon:

14 in 2014 Challenge buttons.
2014 Virtual race calendar.
Sponsor reveal.
T-shirt orders.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via the Contact Jill tab above in the menu bar or at jillconyers@gmail.com.

Tell your friends and family! Tweet #14in2014 and share the announcement on Facebook!

Are you ready to commit? Do you have a running goal for 2014? What do you think would be the toughest part of running 14 races in one year?

Be HEALTHY. Be HAPPY. Be YOU.

call-to-action
Facebook Twitter Plusone Reddit Stumbleupon Email

193 Comments

1. Hey, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog in Chrome, it looks fine but
    when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
    I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, terrific blog!

2. I just like the helpful info you provide for your articles.

I will bookmark your blog and test once more right here
    regularly. I am somewhat certain I will be told a lot of new stuff right right here!
    Best of luck for the following!

3. Thanks , I’ve just been looking for info about this topic for a while and yours is the
    best I have came upon till now. But, what about the bottom line?
    Are you positive concerning the supply?

4. Jury’s heard about #14in2014 from a Runkeeper buddy. I’m late to start, but totally up for the challenge! I’m a beginner, and have my first official 5k on Memorial Day.

5. I have never been a runner, but I am committed to a 10K by the end of 2014! I am excited to push myself and see what I can achieve!! Thank you for this! 🙂

6. I am really excited to try this! i have some races planned, but seeing other people race gives me motivation!

7. Just found and joined the 14 in 2014 Facebook group! And just registered 🙂 Hoping this sort of challenge will keep me motivated and on track as I turn 30 this year and want to dedicate 2014 to running!!

1. Welcome Stephanie! You’ll be surprised by how much this challenge motivates you all year! This is my 3rd year with a year long running goal 🙂

8. Is it too late to sign up? I had personally set a goal of 12 throughout the year and an ultimate half-marathon as my goal, but with virtuals 14 is doable (I hope!)

1. No, it’s not too late! From 12 to 14. Def doable! Don’t forget to join the 14 in 2014 FB Group! It’s private so you have to request to join.

9. I signed up last week. Is there anything else I need to do besides sign up for races and have a great 2014?

1. Welcome Elena! Join the FB group! Of course that’s optional but it’s a fun part of the challenge.

10. signed up late, but I started the year of right by doing 1 on 1/1!

11. This was my new years resolution! Signing up for your challenge will help me stick to my resolution.

1. Hi Tara. You might be surprised by how motivating this challenge is all year long! Welcome!

12. Hey Jill,

I’ve been out of the racing loop for the year of 2013, although I did still run, with my mothers dementia and my sisters brain tumor I couldn’t commit to much. I missed that in 13 and hope to join back in 14. Can the races be a combination and not just half marathons? Here’s too getting back to life and blogging again!

1. Welcome back running and blogging 🙂 You can choose any single distance or a combination of distances!

I apologize for the delayed answer!

13. I should have joined last year but oh well I’m excited to be a part of such a great thing THIS YEAR! Already have all 14 races pretty much picked out 🙂 yay! Thanks for starting this!

14. Last year I ran 25 races including 2 marathons! So excited to be part of this group challenge again! Thank you, Jen and Jill!

15. Wow, what a cool challenge! I would love to commit but I am just not sure I could make it happen. I have however set a goal of five races for me this year. Honestly for me that’s a lot considering my past averages for races run in a year is zero. I think the hardest part for me would be accepting that my timely not necessarily get better with every race. I am so competitive with myself and that would be a mental challenge for me.

1. I am going to try. I feel like this is a pretty lofty goal but why not try?!

16. Looking forward to 14 in 2014!! My challenge is not so much the distance, which I’ve done before, but the distance with no cramping and feeling strong at the end. I’m excited about the possibilities.

17. I love this idea!! I’ve seen so many bloggers jump on board and I’m so tempted!! I think I could do the run this year in kilometers, maybe I’ll sleep on it tonight decide tomorrow, the first day of 2014! 😉

1. Hi Sarah, we can do both 14 in 2014 and RTY together! No problem 🙂

You can totally do this!

18. Jennie Byrd says:

I have requested to join the Facebook group and am looking forward to 14 in 2014! My first race of the year will be the First Light Marathon Relay in Mobile, AL, I will be running one leg of the race. I hope to do more half marathons in 2014. I did 2 in 2013 and 1 in 2012. I love that distance. I have never done a virtual race before and was pointed to you by Mindy Bobe, Road Runner Girl. I am looking forward to some virtual races in 2014. Thank you Jill, I look forward to reading about you and working with this group for a great 2014.

19. I don’t know why I haven’t done this yet! Looking forward to a year of fun with #14in2014!

20. Loved the challenge for 13 in 2013….finished with 15 in only 6 months after being sick for the first part of the year!! Looking forward to improving in 2014 and hopefully longer distances!!

1. You’re a running machine Sheryl! I see longer distances in your running future 🙂

21. Rachel Kinney says:

I am excited to run 14 races in 2014.

22. I fell off the running wagon this year and debated quite a bit about joining this challenge but I’m jumping in with both feet!!

1. Sweet! You can to do this Keri! Make sure to join the FB group. It’s great for support and motivation 🙂

23. I had a set a goal for 12 this month having only done 1 last year … what’s two more??? I’M READY! LET’S GOOOOOOOO!!!!

24. Well after much deliberation I finally decided to sign up for this! I’m nervous, especially since I think I’ll be moving to a location in May that might not have a lot of races. But I’m up for the challenge!

1. Hi Kristen! You made the right decision 🙂 With moving virtual races might be exactly what you need! Crush this goal!

25. I’m a new runner but I’m going to go ahead and give this a try. I already have 4 races planned for next year so I just need to find 10 more! My first race is on Mew Year’s Day to start 2014 right 🙂

1. Experiencing the joys of being a new runner is life changing! Good luck with your first race tomorrow! Enjoy the run 🙂

26. I’m a disabled veteran recently discharge from the military. I have been a runner my whole life and I refuse to let this disability take runninyg away from me.. So im stepping out and pushing myself harder than ever! My first race is a 15k and I’ve never done one before. Lol! Here’s to 2014!

1. WTG Celeste! I’m looking forward to following your journey! Make sure to send a request to join the FB group!

27. Carie Austin says:

I believe I signed up already, how can I check to make sure? I don’t want to enter my information twice! Haha! I LOVED 13 in 2013! I am looking forward to the challenge of completing 14 in 2014 while pregnant! (I’m due July 7th, 2014!)

1. Hi Becki and welcome to 14 in 2014!! 2014 is going to be the year of epic running!

28. I’m signing up again. I only made it to race 6 before being sidelined with an injury and then another injury. If 2013 was the year of injuries, 2014 is the year of running for me.

1. Same here Barb except only 1 injury at the worst time possible. 2014 will be our comeback year!

29. I’m in! This will be a fun challenge.

30. Count me in! I was just telling one of my runner friends the other day that I wanted to do 14 in 14! Such a great goal! Thanks for setting this up!

1. My pleasure Lauren! I’ve loved doing this challenge for the past few years and I love it even more having 100s and 100s of other runners join me!

1. Welcome Jenn! I’ve loved doing this challenge for the past few years. You’ll be surprised by how much it motivates all year long!

31. Awesome! I’m signed up for the WDW Dopey Challenge in January so that will be 4 races for me in one week!! 🙂

32. Just signed up for the combination! Can’t wait to get going on this, I think it’s great!

1. You’re going to love it Brittany! The challenge motivates you to stay active all year! The FB group will be open soon 🙂

33. Monica Cisneros says:

Just signed up, nervous but ready for this commitment! What a great challenge!

1. You’re going to love it Monica! The challenge motivates you to stay active all year! The FB group will be open soon 🙂

34. Since I managed 14 in 2013, I should be able to pull off at least 14 in 2014. 🙂

1. Welcome! 2014 is going to be great! Were your 14 races in 2013 a variety of distances?

1. Tonya that is awesome! I’m going to up my mileage goal in 2014 but I don’t think it will be 2014. Combining biking and running is a great idea!

The 14 in 2014 FB group will be open soon!

35. Beth Bridger says:

14 in 14? piece of cake! I completed 20+ races in 2013. My first 2014 race is a 5k on January 1. I’ve got a 10k in February, 15k in April, and a slew of 5k’s and trail runs over the summer. My ultimate running goal is a marathon in October. Thanks for the challenge and the support!

36. I was just looking around for 2014 fitness goals. This is PERFECT. I’m in and ready to go!

37. Super excited for this! This will be a huge accomplishment for me. I’ve done 6 races this year and only a few more than that TOTAL. I’d love to knock it out of the park next year!

1. Hi Holly! Welcome to 14 in 2014! Be on the lookout for the FB group to open! We had a blast in 2013! Did you get the first newsletter?

38. Found this post through Running While Mommy, I am in. Sounds like a great motivation to keep me going throughout the year. First race is Jan 1st, the Resolution Run, and a half marathon scheduled for June 2nd…only 12 more to plan and run:) Thanks for the motivation and challenge!

1. Welcome Margo! The FB group will be open soon! We had a blast in 2013. Do you have a blog or FB page? I’d love to follow!

39. Even though I didn’t meet the 2013 goal, I’m going to go ahead and try for 2014. If you don’t at first succeed, try and try again! 🙂

40. I signed up late for the 13 in 2013, but I met my goal and then some. Very proud of me. Also this year I accomplished 2 10 k’s. I am now training for me first half in 2014. I signed up for a 10 mile race in 2014. Very motivated for 2014!

41. I just signed up! What have I done??? I always say “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone”!

1. Yay! You’ve just challenged your comfort zone! You can’t imagine how race #14 is going to feel!

42. I’ll give it a try. Great challenge.

43. I did 13 halfs and one trail half this year. I was SO fortunate with few issues/injuries. I did a bunch of other races, too. Not wanting to push my luck, my goal is fewer races in 2014 overall but 3 marathons instead of one. Maybe 4 for 2014?! We’ll see! Thanks for hosting!!

44. Wish I seen this for last year this is an easy one for me I think I’ll finsih this year with 43 races! Thanks for hosting:)

45. Terri Brown says:

I signed up for the challenge. Will I receive a confirmation e-mail with full details later?

1. Hi Terri and welcome to 14 in 2014! I will continue to post details on my blog and once we create the private FB group details will be posted there too. And, probably this weekend, I will send out a newsletter with details. Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

46. Like you 2013 was so disappointing due to injuries almost all year!! Going this next year us beyer for us both. I signed up and will take it slowly! a good challenge keeps us going

47. a new year and a new challenge!!!! HERE WE GO!!!!!!

48. GULP – I signed up for this in 2014 – let’s see how I stay committed to making this happen.

1. Yay Diatta! You’ll be surprised by how motivating it is all year long! You can do it!

1. Thank you for the encouragement! I also passed this along on Twitter and in the running community circles! Everyone is excited about this challenge!!! I am sure this is going to be a BIG HIT!

49. I’m in for sure Jill! Thanks so much for your inspirational blog posts! So happy you guys are hosting this again. Can’t believe going on yr 3:)

1. Yay! It has been my most motivating goal for the past 2 years! Happy to host 🙂

50. Ah! I am so happy this popped up in my blog feed. I need a little running inspiration/motivation. Can’t wait to join you all for the adventure!

51. Quick question… Does is HAVE to be the same distance for all 14 races? I think that’s the way I’m reading it, but wanted to double check. I’d love an outlet to challenge myself in 2014!

1. Hi Brooke. No they do not have to be the same distance. The distance is up to you! There is a variety option! Let me know if you have any other questions.

1. I’m all signed up and excited to challenge myself in 2014!! First race is already on the books… Walt Disney World Marathon in January. Starting off with a bang!

1. Your first race of the year is at Disney? That is so cool! Happy to have you join!

1. Another quick question… The ladies behind Another Mother Runner are planning 2 virtual races for 2014. I know you said you were planning a few virtual races as well. Would the ones with anothermotherrunner.com count towards the 14 as well? I’m trying to get my race calendar in order for the year and I was just curious. Thanks! I’m looking forward to getting started and connecting with other runners through this challenge!

1. I didn’t meet my 13 in 2013 goal but I still had a great time with the challenge. 2014 here we come!

1. You might be surprised how focused this goal makes you. A fun way to recover too!

52. Fun idea! Right now running isn’t in the cards until after I have the baby and 14 races isn’t realistic for me- but maybe the following year when my life settles down a bit!

1. If there is a reason not to do 14 in 2014 having a baby would be it. I’ll look for you for 15 in 2015 🙂

If you change your mind join anytime!

53. I know you’re going to come back strong Jill! I had so much fun with the challenge this year but now I’m sidelined and don’t know if I’ll get to 13. Sill toying with my plans for 2014…gotta give this some thought.

1. I know how you feel. Not meeting my 2013 goal was tough. 14 in 2014 could be your (our) do over 🙂

54. I’m in! Lets do this!

55. This may be crazy for someone who has only run one race and winter is upon us in MN… But why not try!?! I’m in!

56. Oh boy, I am going to have to think about this one. I had so much fun this year, but since I trained for a marathon, I think it was easier to get in so many races because I used them as training runs with bling. Hmmm. Having said that, I am already signed up for 4 half marathons for 2014. What to do, what to do…

1. 4? What’s 10 more races in a year! You should join. You know you want to 🙂

1. OK, I am in! I guess I knew I would, just needed a minute, LOL. In for the combo again and looking forward to it! Thanks!

57. I’m in! Even bigger incentive to squash my negative thoughts and finally get rid of my injury so I’m ready to go come January 2014!

1. Happy you’re joining Nancy! I hope you’re right! I could use a strong year. What distance did you choose?

1. I just joined the challenge!I signed up for the combination which i am assuming is any race or virtual at any distance? Also do we log or track our race numbers? Do all virtuals count?Thx!