We returned home on Tuesday after a wonderful family vacation that started in the Smoky Mountains (photo above) and ended on Seabrook Island in South Carolina. As amazing as it was I was ready to be home. I didn’t want vacationing and visiting family to end but I was ready to be back to my regular routine.
While traveling I stayed on track with my training plan but nutrition? Not so much. I enjoyed every minute and every bite of the vacation but the indulging was taking a toll on how I felt. The one night of dessert, the wine… little things here and there all add up. I wasn’t really feeling bad. It was more like not feeling as good. Definitely not feeling great.
My plan to get back to feeling great? A cleanse.
I signed up for the Fresh Start 21-Day Cleanse at Simple Green Smoothies. I have completed their 30-Day Smoothie challenges and knew that I agreed with their nutrition/whole foods philosophy. I decided this is exactly what I needed post-vacation.
I’m on Day 5 and this is what has been on my menu so far. The recipes are as good as they look!
- I enjoy menu planning but, honestly, I’m loving having menus created for me for a change
- the biggest challenge has been no coffee especially the first 2 days
- by day 3 energy levels were returning
- I’ve been able to stick to my training plan with running and adding yoga (I’m going back to strength training this week)
- I’m not as hungry as I expected to be
- the key to sticking with this is going to be the very satisfying recipes
- I’m trying food combinations that I would never have thought of
- I never thought I would like soup served cold
- I will modify as needed for workouts (so far I’ve only had to add an extra snack for my run yesterday)
- modifications for vegetarian/vegan are included in the menus
- the FB group is great for support
- I have a strong dislike for coconut so naturally I’ve never tried coconut water. I’ve totally been missing out! Love it in smoothies and straight from the bottle.
On the menu:
Simple Green Smoothies 21-Day Cleanse