Week 2 was about balance and flexibility. During week 3 my weekly training started feeling more routine. A morning run or Hard Strikes DVD is like brushing my teeth. I just do it [almost without thinking]. They (“they” being the experts in habits) say it takes 21 days to create a habit. In this case it’s true. I started the combination of running and cross training with the Cathe XTrain DVDs three weeks ago and they have become a habit that is naturally built into my day.
Week 3 Highlights
- I ran trail race #3 of 13 in 2013, Run For the Green! I never thought I would say this but I think I prefer to run on trails.
- I finally bought shoes specifically for cross training instead of running shoes that I no longer wore for running.
- I completed day 2 of a form/stride analysis with Newton Coach, Ryan Smith. More on what I learned coming soon.
- I have found a few awesome podcasts that I now subscribe to for treadmill runs.
- I need new ideas for breakfast and snacks.
- I like love double day workouts!
SBBC 2013 Through the Lens
SBBC 2013 By the Numbers
Cross Training (Cathe XTrain): 23
Stretch/Foam Roll: 5
Daily Freggies: 7
#bestfoot Posts: 4
Total SBBC Points: 86.5
Week 3 Goal Review:
- A Salad-A-Day (new prep plan) Success! This worked wonderfully!
- run 4 days Success!
- strength train as planned Success!
- add core workouts Not as often as I would have liked but more than the previous week. Success!
- I missed 2 mornings of starting my day with the meditation challenge. Pseudo success.
Week 4 Goals
- form drills (back to basic and new) 5/week
- core workouts 4/week
- run 4 days
Tuesday: Cathe Hard Strikes, Cathe Core 1; Run
Wednesday: Cathe Burn Sets Bi’s and Tri’s, Cathe Core 2; Cathe Legs Premix 1 + Rear Delts
Thursday: Cathe 100 Rep Challenge Hip Thrusts, 100 Rep Challenge Barbell Curls; Run, Cathe Core 2
Friday: Cathe Chest, Back & Shoulders, Cathe Core 1
Saturday: Run, Cathe Core 2
The winner of the Endorphin Warrior Training bracelet is Marissa at Let’s Move It Mommas and the winner of the Eat Smart Precision GetFit Digital Body Fat Bathroom Scale is Theresa at She Waddles Like A Duck!
Do you have a favorite podcast? Do you wear workout specific type shoes? If you described last week with 1 word what would it be?