Where Menu Planning and Fitness Go Hand in Hand
SBBC 2013 Week 1 was about enjoying a perfect workout week. Week 2 was about balance and flexibility. Life happens and even the best of plans are made to be tweaked. In the end, the workouts were done and the miles were run.
Week 2 Highlights:
- I’m loving the Cathe XTrain DVDs. The Legs Workout is one of the best I’ve ever done!
- I ran a trail race yesterday and felt stronger than ever (Recap coming soon!).
- I think I finally found my all time fav black bean burger.
- The meditation challenge has been interesting. I don’t know if I’m a meditation type of person but I’m going to continue the challenge and, who knows, maybe after 21 days I will realize that I am. Or maybe not.
- I love a variety of different bean sprouts and can eat them on almost anything.
- The menu for next week is a lot of repeats from last week.
- I eat the same breakfasts every week and still enjoy them.
- I knew my daughter and I were going to Subway after we ran errands so I took my own dressing and bean sprouts to add to my veggie salad.
SBBC Through The Lens
SBBC By the Numbers
Cross Training (Cathe XTrain): 25.5
Stretch/Foam Roll: 5
Daily Freggies: 7
#bestfoot Posts: 5
Total SBBC Points: 85
Week 2 Goal Review:
- 4 days of natural running form drills, including striders, and Some success! Form drills done but I didn’t include the striders this week.
- run 2 races (1 street and 1 trail) Some success! Ran the trail race yesterday but won’t be able to run the street race today.
- 21-Day Oprah & Deepak Meditation Challenge I’m keeping up with the challenge but don’t know that I would call it SUCCESS yet.
Week 3 Goals:
- A Salad-A-Day (I’m trying a new prep idea for this goal)
- run 4 days
- strength train as planned
- add core workouts
On the Menu
Green Monster Protein Smoothie
Overnight ProteinOats with Banana and Almond Butter
Asian Broccoli Slaw
Veggie Sandwich with Edamame Hummus
Big Green Salad
Edamame Hummus and Veggies
Monday: A new appreciation for a rest day!
Tuesday: Cathe Hard Strikes, Core 1; Run
Wednesday: Cathe Burn Sets Bi’s and Tri’s, Core 2; Cathe Legs Premix 2
Thursday: Cathe 100 Rep Challenge Hip Thrusts, 100 Rep Challenge Barbell Curls; Run
Friday: Cathe Chest, Back & Shoulders
Saturday: Run, Cathe Core 2
Do you like bean sprouts? What’s your favorite from last week’s menu? Do you take your own salad dressing, or anything else for that matter, when you eat out?
There’s still time to enter the Eat Smart Precision GetFit Digital Body Fat Bathroom Scale giveaway!A seriously a cool tool for measuring progress. Click the image above to enter!
Now the link up! Share what you’re eating this week and your workout plan too!