Spring Bootie Buster Challenge 2013 || Week 1
Week 1 of SBBC 2013 was a perfect running and fitness week! It doesn’t happen all the time but when it does it’s oh so sweet! A few days of nice weather, all planned runs completed, strength training, loving the 90 Day Cathe XTrain program, new recipes, a stride analysis with Coach Ryan (Newton Coach), running without having to wear double layers of pants, gloves and a hat and last but not least a new treadmill! See what I mean by perfect!
February was not a great training month. With incompatible cold winds/temps in the teens and asthma, icy roads, a little more stress than usual and life-things that just come up I missed training runs, wasn’t motivated to cross train and I reached for food way too often to feel better. Feeling discouraged.
I ended this week on such a high and truly believing I can run the 50 mile fall ultra!
SBBC 2013 Through the Lens
SBBC 2013 By the Numbers
Cross Training (Cathe XTrain): 37.5
Stretch/Foam Roll: 5
Daily Freggies: 7
#bestfoot Posts: 5
Total HBBC Points: 91.5
Monday: A much needed rest day!
Tuesday: Cathe Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders; Run
Wednesday: Cathe Burn Sets Bi’s and Tri’s, Core 2; Cathe Legs Premix 3
Thursday: Cathe Hard Strikes; Run
Friday: Cathe All Out Low Impact HIIT
Saturday: Trail Race 5K
Sunday: Heart Mini Marathon
Week 1 Goal:
- follow the ultra training plan with 4 days of running including back to back runs on Sat and Sun. Success!
- complete Week 1 of Cathe XTrain. Success!
Week 2 Goal:
- 4 days of natural running form drills, including striders, and
- run 2 races (1 street and 1 trail)
- I’m trying something totally new to me. Complete 1 week of the Oprah and Deepak 21-Day Meditation Challenge. A part of me things meditation isn’t for me but I will never know for sure until I try.
I didn’t realize I had so much to say!I know not every week will be like this and that is ok. Remembering this feeling and what I can accomplish will make the less than perfect weeks no big deal!
What is your perfect training week? How was your first week of SBBC 2013? Do you meditate?