Looking Back at January
January was a month of excitement and anticipation of beginning a journey to take my running to a whole new level. It feels like I’ve been planning and thinking about 2013 goals forever. Now, finally, I’m moving forward and working toward accomplishing those goals.
Running – I
may have underestimated the time commitment to train for an ultra. From time, routes, pace to fueling mid-run, training for an ultra is a whole new world and I have a lot to learn. Oh, and yes, I’m loving it!
- I ran my first 13 in 2013 trail race.
- My last run of the month was a long 1.23 miles! Less than a mile into the run I felt a pain in my right heal. I didn’t want to take any chances so I stopped, turned around and walked home. Just to be sure I took a week off from running. Happily, I can report that it feels fine now!
- When I was diagnosed with Exercise Induced Asthma the doctor told me that cold weather may aggravate the asthma (cause bronchial spasms). Yes, the windy cold weather affects the asthma but my fear of an asthma attack was worse than the actual affects.
- Newton Running love! I finally bought trail shoes.
- About 733 runners signed up to challenge themselves to run 13 races in 2013. I love the enthusiasm and excitement as the runners check off their races and move toward meet their goal.
Total Miles: 91.70
Total Miles In 2013: 91.70
- I been doing Bob Harper’s kettlebell and strength training workouts. I loved the newness of the Inside Out Method workouts but, overall Bob is not Tony Horton. There is just something about Tony’s workouts that keep me motivated to consistently strength train. I’m back to P90X for strength training.
Total Workouts Strength/Abs: 14
Total Workouts Yoga: 1
- The theme for January nutrition was (and continues to be) nutrient density and new plant-based recipes.
- I didn’t do very much reading in January overall but I used this book often as a resource.
Looking Forward to in February
- Running #2 of 13 in 2013 trail races.
- Wearing my new trail shoes.
- Finding more new recipes.
- The interaction and camaraderie of the 13 in 2013 participants in the Facebook group as they move forward to reaching their goal.
How did your 2013 start off?