Welcome to a special edition of What’s For Dinner Menu Planning.
It’s time for a cleanse. I typically do some variation of a cleanse once a year. Most often after the holiday season to begin a new year. I’ve decided not to wait until January. Who knows? Maybe I’ll start a yearly January and November cleanse routine.
- Stress that has not been managed well (aka eating my feelings).
- A cleanse diet is not conducive to training for a race. My last half marathon of the year is today so the cleanse menu won’t disrupt training. It’s the perfect time to plan for 10 days of low easy miles.
- For me eating just a few unhealthy sweets creates a craving and then it slowly becomes a habit. I want to eliminate the craving and break the habit.
- My husband wants to start juicing once or twice a day again.
- I bought a Vitamix!
I knew exactly where I could get the information and recipes I needed. One of my favorite blogs, Healthful Pursuit by Leanne Vogel. Leann is a holistic nutritionist with a passion for eating intuitively and leading a balanced lifestyle. Her website is a great resource for amazing recipes!
What are the details (a slightly modified version of Leanne’s Two Week Cleanse Program)?
- 10 days
- no sugar
- no grains
- no beans or lentils
- 4 cups of lemon water in the morning and evening
- 16 ounces of fruit/veggie juice daily
- 16 ounces of fruit/veggie smoothie daily
- 5 days of soups, salads, juice and smoothies
- 2 days of light meals
- 1 day of liquids only (Day 3)
- hot green or black tea 2 times daily
The information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be considered personal health advice of any kind. Please consult your doctor before changing your dietary habits.
Now for another What’s For Dinner giveaway sponsored by Popchips.
First the ingredients since Laura and I both agree that this is most important.
Popping is a way of making our naturally delicious chips. We start with the finest ingredients, add a little heat and pressure, and pop! it’s a chip. All that’s added is a flavorful blend of seasonings to create taste-bud popping flavors that appeal to the whole family.
Have you ever tried a cleanse? How did you feel during and after?
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Now the link-up.