Good morning and welcome to Fitness Friday!
I originally planned to share the first in a series of natural running posts. Then, at the last minute, I decided I wanted make my vlog debut with transition to natural running. [I can’t believe I’ve actually committed publicly to sharing a vlog.]
Upcoming in the Natural Running Series [starting Monday]:
- An interview with Newton Running coach, Ryan Smith.
- Strengthening exercises [vlog] for a safer transition to a natural running shoe.
- Why natural running.
- A before vlog of my running form highlighting serious heel striking.
So, for now, images and inspiration by Vega.
Excuses. We’ve all made them to avoid one thing or another right?
After my last half marathon it seems to have become way too easy to find an excuse not to run or workout. I think it has a lot to do with not having the twelve in twenty-twelve goal in front of me or maybe it has more to do with not accomplishing my goal of a sub-2:00 half marathon. Who knows? Whatever the reason I really have no excuse…
- Not enough time? I’m awake and up as early as 3:00a.m. That’s 3 hours of uninterrupted time before I have to start getting ready for work.
- It’s raining? I’ve never had a problem running in the rain before.
- It’s cold? I’ve run in the cold many times or I have a workout room at home.
- I’ll workout later? I’m a morning person and “later” is often busy with other commitments.
What excuses have you used to not exercise? Why are they NOT good reasons to exercise? Have you ever experienced post-goal accomplishment blues?
Check out my guest post at Wish & Whimsy, Debunking Vegan Myths!