Week 2 of The Fresh Start Fitness Challenge included a circuit workout of 8 exercises to be performed 6 times during the week. I’d often read about circuit training but never actually tried it. I completed 8 of the FSFC circuit routine this week and loved it.
16 repetitions of each
- squats plus shoulder press
- lunges plus bicep hammer curls
- bent over reverse flys
- tricep dips
- v-sit core rotation
What is a circuit workout?
After looking at a variety of circuit workouts the routines typically:
- alternate between muscle groups allowing for adequate recovery
- include a rest interval of 30-90 seconds
- allow for 1-3 minutes between circuits
- combine cardio training and resistance training
What are the benefits of a circuit workout?
- a total body workout
- an easy way to combine cardio benefits and strength training in one workout
- routines can be easily created for all fitness levels
- can be done at home or at the gym and with or without equipment
- shortened workout time
Pinterest is a great resource for circuit workouts! Check out my Workout Board for complete circuit routines.
Have you ever tried circuit training?