For a healthy breakfast, blend up a thick and creamy smoothie bowl with the flavors of sweet peach pie.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We’ve all heard or read this, right? Have you ever wondered why?
According to Rush University Medical Center, the benefits of starting your day with breakfast include:
- Having a lower BMI
- Consuming less fat through the day
- Meeting recommendations for fruit and vegetable consumption
- Having higher daily calcium intake
- Having higher daily fiber intake
- Having better performance (memory and attention) (for school-aged children)
All of the benefits of a healthy breakfast and yet we still skip out on the eating in the A.M.
There’s a common misconception that to lose weight, skipping a meal (which is often breakfast) means fewer calories which leads to weight loss. However, when you skip out of breakfast your body gets the message you need to conserve energy instead of burning it, and you start to store calories. And, after skipping breakfast, a few hours into the morning you’re not feeling so great. Low energy and sluggishness hits and you need a quick pick me up.
Starting the day with a bowl of fruit and veggies gives your body the best kickstart possible. With easily digestible natural ingredients smoothie bowls can provide us with the vitamins and nutrients our bodies need to thrive and if that breakfast tastes like dessert, why would you want to skip it.
This smoothie bowl is made with a mixture of sweet peaches and banana, seasoning for a peach pie flavor and garnished with the crunch of granola, fresh ripe peaches and a little more cinnamon.
For a healthy breakfast, blend up a thick and creamy smoothie bowl with the flavors of sweet peach pie. Vegan | Gluten Free | Breakfast
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 1/2 cups sliced peaches, frozen
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1 serving Healthy Skoop B-Strong Plant Based Protein
- 1/4 cup cinnamon granola
- fresh peach, sliced
- Add yogurt, frozen peaches, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, banana and Healthy Skoop to a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and top with granola, fresh peach slices and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Serve immediately.
Smoothie bowls are thick enough to enjoy with a spoon and can be topped with a variety of good for you superfoods: granolas, nuts, seeds and fresh fruits. For a boost of protein, add a scoop of your favorite plant-based protein powder to our smoothie bowl.
Yes, smoothie bowls are delicious and nutritious but, that’s not even the best part. The amazing thing about smoothie bowls is how easy they are to make and adapt to your tastes. Simply add in what you love and omit what you don’t.
Good For You Ingredients
- 59 calories
- 14 grams carbohydrates
- 1.4 grams protein
- 0.4 gram fat
- 2.3 grams fiber
- 10 milligrams vitamin C (16 percent DV)
- 489 IU vitamin A (9 percent DV)
- 285 milligrams potassium (8 percent DV)
- 14 milligrams magnesium (3 percent DV)
- 0.4 milligram iron (2 percent DV)
- 110 calories
- .5 grams of fat
- 27 grams of carbohydrates
- 14 grams of sugar
- 3 grams of fiber
- 1 gram of protein
- 25% vitamin B6
- 16% manganese
- 14% vitamin C
- 12% potassium
- 12% fiber
- 10% copper
- 10% biotin
- 8% magnesium
Are you a breakfast skipper? Have you ever made a smoothie bowl?
Do you have a favorite smoothie bowl recipe? Let me know in the comments, I would love to try it.
be the best version of YOU