The best banana bread you’ll ever make! This exceptionally moist and delicious banana bread is full of toasted nuts with the wonderful flavor of cinnamon. It’s a welcome addition to any morning.
Thank you Eggland’s Best and Fit Approach for sponsoring this post. For more delicious Eggland’s Best recipes check out Easy To Make Spinach and Mushroom Frittata and Healthy Spiralized Sweet Potato Patties.
This recipe fills the whole house with the alluring scents of fresh baked banana and cinnamon goodness. And, it’s a recipe you’re going to want to make again and again. I can almost guarantee it. I will even go as far as saying it will become a family favorite. Why so confident? When I get the seal of approval from both my daughter and husband I know I’m onto something.
The best banana bread you'll ever make! This exceptionally moist and delicious banana bread is full of toasted nuts with the wonderful flavor of cinnamon. It's a welcome addition to any morning. It makes great muffins too. [Gluten Free]
- 3 bananas, ripe
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Eggland's Best egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon (+ extra for topping)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts (+ extra for topping), toasted
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas and add vanilla, egg, coconut oil, coconut sugar, brown sugar, syrup, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and milk. Stir until blended.
- Add almond flour, all purpose gluten free flour, and oats to the banana mixture. Stir until wet and dry ingredients are combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into a loaf pan, top with walnuts and cinnamon and bake for about 1 hour or until golden brown and until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
It’s amazing as is, but for a yummy twist, try adding, coconut or chocolate chips. Maybe a different type of nut. And if you’re like me, a little extra cinnamon never hurts.
This recipe also works great as muffins and mini loaves.
MEAL PREP TIP: Make an extra loaf, slice and freeze in a freezer-safe zip top plastic bag or container. Pop frozen bread slices in the microwave for a few seconds and you’ll have a quick breakfast or snack ready for when you’re on the go.
Join us to kick off the new year! The theme is EMPOWERED FOR A HEALTHY AND FIT 2017!
The #EBGoals2017 Instagram Challenge begins January 9.
Let’s empower ourselves and each other for an amazing 2017!
I would love to chat.
Do you have a favorite banana bread recipe? What are your favorite add-ins for banana bread?
be the best version of YOU