The best banana bread you’ll ever make! This exceptionally moist and delicious banana bread is full of toasted nuts with the wonderful flavor of cinnamon. It’s a welcome addition to any morning.
This recipe fills the whole house with the alluring scents of fresh baked banana and cinnamon goodness. And, it’s a recipe you’re going to want to make again and again. I can almost guarantee it. I will even go as far as saying it will become a family favorite. Why so confident? When I get the seal of approval from both my daughter and husband I know I’m onto something.
The best banana bread you'll ever make! This exceptionally moist and delicious banana bread is full of toasted nuts with the wonderful flavor of cinnamon. It's a welcome addition to any morning. It makes great muffins too. [Gluten Free]
- 3 bananas, ripe
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Eggland's Best egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon (+ extra for topping)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts (+ extra for topping), toasted
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas and add vanilla, egg, coconut oil, coconut sugar, brown sugar, syrup, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and milk. Stir until blended.
- Add almond flour, all purpose gluten free flour, and oats to the banana mixture. Stir until wet and dry ingredients are combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into a loaf pan, top with walnuts and cinnamon and bake for about 1 hour or until golden brown and until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
It’s amazing as is, but for a yummy twist, try adding, coconut or chocolate chips. Maybe a different type of nut. And if you’re like me, a little extra cinnamon never hurts.
This recipe also works great as muffins and mini loaves.
MEAL PREP TIP: Make an extra loaf, slice and freeze in a freezer-safe zip top plastic bag or container. Pop frozen bread slices in the microwave for a few seconds and you’ll have a quick breakfast or snack ready for when you’re on the go.
I would love to chat.
Do you have a favorite banana bread recipe? What are your favorite add-ins for banana bread?
be the best version of YOU