I have the perfect recipe for a delicious breakfast or brunch sweet potato and egg dish that will become a family favorite. Did I mention it’s healthy?
This recipe recipe is delicious. The combination of savory eggs with slightly sweet sweet potato is fantastic. You’re going to want to make again and again.
READY FOR THE RECIPE?
Imagine for a minute, fresh mixed greens tossed light with a Dijon dressing, a flavorful slightly sweet spiralized sweet potato patty topped with the goodness of a runny egg, sprinkled with green onions and paprika. It tastes as good as it sounds!
A delicious and healthy recipe that combines the wonderful flavors of egg, sweet potato and fresh greens to make the perfect addition to a breakfast or brunch menu. Vegetarian. Gluten Free.
- 1 sweet potato (approx. 300g), spiralized
- 2 Eggland's Best eggs, beaten
- 2 Eggland's Best eggs, sunny side up or poached
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- coconut oil, melted
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- mixed greens
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon dressing
- Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Add enough coconut oil to lightly cover the bottom of the pan. Heat on low to medium.
- Add the sweet potato noodles, cover and cook 7-9 minutes, stirring once half way through cooking.
- Place the cooked sweet potato noodles in a bowl. Add the 2 beaten eggs, almond flour, sea salt and black pepper to taste. Gently toss until the egg covers the noodles.
- Divide the noodle mixture into 2 patties and form by pressing firmly into 3 1/2 inch ramekins or small bowls.
- Add the patties to the pan, cooking about 3 1/2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat.
- While the patties cool, cook the eggs either sunny side up or poached.
- In a small jar combine olive oil, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard. Cover and shake well.
- Toss the mixed greens lightly with the Dijon Dressing.
- Divide the greens between 2 plates. Top with 1 sweet potato patty, 1 egg, green onions and a dash of paprika.
- [Optional] Sprinkle with black pepper and sea salt to taste.
What’s not to love about this recipe?
be the best version of YOU