We all know we should be exercising, right. We also know that life is busy and we can always find a million and one excuses not to exercise. Exercise and being active is critical to our physical and mental health and with smart fitness it’s easier to make active living a lifestyle.
An active lifestyle is going to get you to your most vibrant, energetic and healthy self.
- Give Your Body the Nutrition It Needs Eat to support your fitness. Not only what you eat, but also how much. Fueling your body with a combination of carbs, protein and healthy fats gives you the energy and the nutrients your body needs to feel good and stay active.
- Allow Your Body To Rest Include at least one rest day in your week and get enough sleep. Being sleep deprived wreaks havoc on motivation to move.
- Listen To Your Body It is important to be on the lookout for signs of overtraining and under performing and to make adjustments as needed. After exercise you should feel energized. If you’re feeling too exhausted to get through normal tasks for the rest of the day or you experience a severe energy crash within a few hours of exercising your body is telling you something. Exercise should add to your life. Not take away.
- Do What You Love For sustainable fitness it doesn’t matter if it’s kickboxing, swimming, walking or, my favorite, yoga if it gets your body moving. Moving in a way that doesn’t feel like a chore or a dreaded task on your to-do list. Love your whole life and that includes exercise.
- Make the Most of Your Time We don’t always have an hour to go to the gym or go for a run but that doesn’t mean it’s all or nothing. Research shows that about 30 minutes of High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) improves heart health, improves blood-sugar levels and increases fat loss compared to traditional aerobic exercise. Or, go for a 20 minute walk.
If you’re just beginning your active living journey or if you exercise sporadically, start out slowly and work your way up. Your body and your muscles need to adapt to being more active.
Start [or continue] your fitness journey this summer with the HIIT Summer Workout Series.
More tips and information to help support your active living lifestyle:
I would love to chat:
How does your lifestyle support staying active on a regular basis? Are you just beginning your fitness journey (high 5 if you are!)?
If you have any question feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m happy to help support your fitness journey.
be the best version of YOU