Be more productive. Make the most of the day.
Good morning fitfam! Hugs, hellos, how are yous and all the other things friends and family do when they get together.
Is it just me or does the last time we got together seem like longer than a week ago?
A few days ago my daughter made a comment about not ever wanting to have the problem that mom has, wanting to do too much. Her comment stuck with me. Is wanting TO DO a problem? Is it too much? Sure, sometimes it feels overwhelming, but all in all wanting TO DO isn’t a problem. In fact, it’s an energizing joy.
If I begin to feel overwhelmed and feeling like wanting TO DO is too much, I see that as a sign that something is off. Maybe I need a break or I need to do a self check and make some changes.
Alyssa’s comment meshed perfectly with this week’s topic, Habits of Highly Productive People. I’ve read research and listened to podcasts and Ted Talks. I have combined what I learned from books, websites and podcasts with trial and error to find what works for me on a day-to day-basis. I have created habits that have proven to increase productivity:
9 TRIED AND TRUE HABITS THAT INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY
- Plan all of your meals a week ahead and do the grocery shopping with a list. I’ve been doing this so long I can’t imagine starting a week without a menu.
- Don’t multitask and keep your head in the game. Give what you’re doing 100% of your mind and effort. There was a time when I thought multitasking was a strength. Looking back, multitasking at the time served me well.
- When your body needs to rest. Rest. You’re asking a lot out of your body on a daily basis. Don’t hesitate to give it what it needs.
- Use a multi-tiered to-do list based on priorities. My to-do list on steroids.
- Get up early and count on this time as [almost] guaranteed to be uninterrupted. I wouldn’t have it any other way. 7 days a week.
- Make physical activity a priority more days of the week than not. There are too many physical and mental benefits not to.
- Do something daily that calms the mind and body. Give your body what it needs.
- Start everyday with a morning routine. My routine is what makes early morning my favorite part of the day.
- Surround yourself with supportive and/or like minded people. The energy and positive mindset are contagious.
What habits do you have (or want to start) that increase productivity and make the most of your day? Do you think wanting TO DO is a problem? How do you know your to-dos are too much?
be the best version of YOU