Good morning! I’m so happy to see you.
This week we’re chatting healthy desserts. Maybe a chocolate chip cookie, strawberry cupcake or Creme Brulee. Or, a bowl of ice cream. I’m often asked if I eat dessert. Of course I eat dessert. I don’t eat it everyday and most likely it will include chocolate and will be homemade.
The one exception to homemade is the Flourless Dome Cake at PF Changs. A plate of warm chocolate goodness. It’s fantastic!
I’ve had this idea for a recipe in my head for a few months and never got around to making it. A cool creamy treat with the classic flavor combination of chocolate and peanut butter.
Nobody will even know it’s a “healthy” dessert!
For a delicious creamy treat, ice cream is always a winner. The classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter makes a wonderful dessert or cool treat on a warm day.
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 scoop Skoop B-Strong
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- Add banana, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, milk, vanilla, cocoa to a blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth.
- Add protein powder and blend an additional minute or so until well mixed and smooth.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter and chocolate chips.
Click the images below for more healthy dessert ideas:
What is your favorite healthy dessert? Do you know anybody that doesn’t like the combination of chocolate and peanut butter? What are you most looking forward to today?
be the best version of YOU
Let’s stay in touch!