Visualize living your dreams and accomplishing your goals.
Happy #dishthefit Tuesday!
As you know, every week, Jess and I choose an optional topic that is meant to help us examine how we can improve our lives, habits and goals, and then we DISH IT!
This week we’re dishing about VISION BOARDS!
It was my intention to share my motivation wall where the vision board hangs but little did I know, as I was thinking about blogging one of my most favorite topics, my husband was thinking about rearranging our office.
For now, I’ll share my vision board. Next week, the MOTIVATION WALL!
I create 1 (sometimes 2) vision boards ever year. I enjoy the whole process and I love looking at the board throughout the year.
Illustrate your dreams, motivations and goals!
A vision board is a visualization tool that represents your dreams, your goals and how you want to live your life. Creating a vision board gives your vision and goals clarity, reinforces your daily affirmations, and keeps your attention on your intentions.
Create a board with pictures and words that represent the experiences, feelings, and motivations you want to attract into your life.
Choose words and images that inspire positive emotions in you.
How To Create A Vision Board
- Gather your supplies. Poster board, glue, markers, and magazines.
- Find a space to spread out all of your supplies. Maybe a large table or the floor works.
- Decide what area of life you want to focus. Choose one or two areas to focus on.
- Get comfortable and relaxed. Make creating a vision board a fun and relaxing time. Enjoy the process of creating a visual representation of your dreams, motivations and goals.
- Flip through the magazines and begin tearing/cutting out images and words that appeal to you. For now just focus on any and all words and images that appeal to you and make you feel good.
- Next, go through your images and look specifically for things that generate your desired feelings related to the area of life you are focusing on.
- Once you have the images you want to use, do a “dry run” by arranging the images and words in a variety of ways. When it feels and looks just right, glue everything to the board.
- Hang your vision board in a visible place so it’s easily seen often throughout the course of your day.
One final tip, look at your board often. Focus on the feelings and energy that it creates for you and use that energy to crush your goals and live the life you dream of having.
Where will you hang your vision board so that you can see it often?
be the best version of you
Let’s stay in touch!
I’m waiting for Jess to wake up before announcing next week’s topic. Come back this evening or watch for #dishthefit on twitter! I will say this, the topic is going to make you think.