This post is published in partnership with Skoop and contains affiliate links.
An appreciation for the simple things in life. Wonderful weather, running outside, hot yoga, and family time.
And, I have found an easy way to balance and enjoy a healthy and happy holiday season!
I’m enjoying the yummy foods and treats that come with a season of holiday parties and family get togethers. I guess it has simply come down to staying active, not overthinking or stressing and this simple delicious green smoothie.
Some of the meals I eat may not be as healthy or nutritious as I typically eat. No worries. I enjoy them anyway. Every single bite.
But, what I also do is make this (or one of a few other simple recipes) in batches of 3. One for me. One for my husband. And one for a pre-party or nutrient boost snack.
Making multiple smoothies at once makes adding multiple servings of fruits and veggies to your diet easy and quick. It’s a great balance between the holiday goodies and eating healthy.
A simple nutritious smoothie recipe with spinach and fruit.
- 2 cups water
- 3 handfuls spinach
- 1 teaspoon Maca (optional)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 serving plain or vanilla protein powder (I used Skoop B-Game Vivan-Nilla)
- 1 apple, cored, quartered
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 handful frozen seedless grapes
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Combine 2 cups water, spinach, Maca, ground flax and protein powder in a blender.
- Blend until the mixture is a green juice consistency.
- To the green mixture add the apple, mango, strawberries, grapes and 3-4 ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth.
- Once blended, divide into 2 or 3 *servings in air tight containers.
- Store in container with a tight lid in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Drink the smoothie the same day you blend it for maximum nutrition.
Experiment with different protein powders. The flavor and texture will make a big difference.
I don't add sweetener.
*2 servings for meal replacement or 3 snack size servings in addition to 3 meals a day.
Recipe Note: After trying 3 plant based protein powders with this recipe I recommend Skoop B-Strong Vivan-Nilla. The type and flavor of protein powder makes a big difference in the texture of the smoothie and how well it combines with the flavors of the fruit and vegetables.
Save 20% on your Skoop order with the discount code HS20
This recipe isn’t just for enjoying a healthy happy holiday season!
Enjoy the yumminess anytime.
Make green smoothies part of your weekly meal prep for a healthy meal or snack throughout the day. It’s the smoothie equivalent to chopping veggies for snacks.
be the best version of YOU