Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Sizzlefish.
Yesterday I talked about the Benefits of Omega-3 and food sources for adding the healthy fat into your diet. This is the first of several fish recipes that have been a hit with the family. I’m a firm believer you can’t go wrong with fish tacos. Grill mild white fish fillets and you have the beginning of a meal to be savored and enjoyed.
I have a wide variety of preferences to please with cooking for my family. One of the exceptions is fish and seafood. If I make a fish recipe I can almost guarantee my family will love it. They’re not particularly concerned with how healthy it is, but I am. So a healthy meal that my family loves is a win!
The American Heart Association recommends 2 servings of fish each week. Not a problem. Let me introduce you to Sizzlefish’s Omega 3 Protein Mix. 2 pre-portioned fillets of 7 different types of fish flash frozen and delivered to your door. The variety of fish [and recipe ideas] make it easy to prepare healthy fish recipes a few times a week without being boring. I grew up on the coast in Florida, went to college in New Orleans and lived in California for 14 years. Sizzlefish is as close as I’ve been able to come to fresh fish since moving to the mid-west.
The first time I tried the tacos I thought the flavor combinations, textures and crunch with the cabbage creates a fiesta in your mouth. Try them. You’ll see what I mean.
It’s a satisfying easy meal to prepare. Don’t count on having leftovers.
Fish tacos are always amazing. Whether a quick weeknight meal for the family or you're having friends over on the weekend fish tacos are the perfect healthy menu choice. Gluten Free * Lunch * Dinner * Seafood * Mexican
- 1 pound sablefish, atlantic cod, haddock or other mild white fish
- 4 warm gluten free corn tortillas
- cabbage, shredded
- avocado, diced
- salsa verde
- Spice Blend
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon organo
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- For the spice blend: Add all the spices to a small container with a lid. Shake to mix well.
- For the fish: Rub the fish fillets with the spice blend enough to thoroughly cover (and to taste). Grill the spice rubbed fish about 4-5 minutes each side.
- For the tacos: Warm the tortillas. Divide the fish among the 4 corn tortillas and top with cabbage, avocado, salsa verde and a sprinkle of the spice blend. Serve warm.
More fish and seafood recipes to come! Imagine stir fry with scallops.
How will you include 2 servings of fish in your diet this week?
be the best version of YOU
Let’s stay in touch!